Regulation and UK Retailing Productivity: Evidence from Micro Data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jonathan Haskel & Raffaella Sadun, 2012. "Regulation and UK Retailing Productivity: Evidence from Microdata," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 79(315), pages 425-448, July.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Sadun, Raffaella, 2009. "Regulation and UK Retailing Productivity: Evidence from Micro Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4028, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald S. Jarmin & Shawn D. Klimek & Javier Miranda, 2009.
"The Role of Retail Chains: National, Regional and Industry Results,"
NBER Chapters,in: Producer Dynamics: New Evidence from Micro Data, pages 237-262
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald Jarmin & Shawn Klimek & Javier Miranda, 2005. "The Role of Retail Chains: National, Regional, and Industry Results," Working Papers 05-30, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Stephen Bond & Måns Söderbom, 2005.
"Adjustment Costs and the Identification of Cobb Douglas Production Functions,"
2005-W04, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Stephen Bond & Måns Söderbom, 2005. "Adjustment costs and the identification of Cobb Douglas production functions," IFS Working Papers W05/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Emek Basker & Shawn Klimek & Pham Hoang Van, 2008.
"Supersize It: The Growth of Retail Chains and the Rise of the "Big Box" Retail Format,"
0809, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 30 Sep 2010.
- Emek Basker & Shawn Klimek & Pham Hoang Van, 2008. "Supersize It: The Growth of Retail Chains and the Rise of the "Big Box" Retail Format," Working Papers 08-23r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised Sep 2011.
- Raffaella Sadun, 2015.
"Does Planning Regulation Protect Independent Retailers?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(5), pages 983-1001, December.
- Sadun, Raffaella, 2008. "Does planning regulation protect independent retailers?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28503, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Raffaella Sadun, 2014. "Does Planning Regulation Protect Independent Retailers?," NBER Working Papers 19797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raffaella Sadun, 2008. "Does Planning Regulation Protect Independent Retailers?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0888, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Raffaella Sadun, 2008. "Does planning regulation protect independent retailers?," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 258, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rachel Griffith & Heike Harmgart, 2005. "Retail productivity," IFS Working Papers W05/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bond, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2007. "Microeconometric Models of Investment and Employment," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 65 Elsevier.
- Nick Bloom & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2005. "It Ain't what You Do, It's the Way that You Do I.T," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 188, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira & Hernan Roman, 2007.
"An Estimate Dynamic Model of Entry, Exit, and Growth in Oligopoly Retail Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 449-454, May.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira & Hernan Roman, 2007. "An Estimable Dynamic Model of Entry, Exit and Growth in Oligopoly Retail Markets," Working Papers tecipa-275, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harmgart, Heike, 2008. "Supermarkets and Planning Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 6713, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roger R. Betancourt, 2004. "The Economics of Retailing and Distribution," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3511.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maican, Florin & Orth, Matilda, 2008.
"Productivity Dynamics and the Role of “Big-Box” Entrants in Retailing,"
Working Papers in Economics
328, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Maican, Florin & Orth, Matilda, 2012. "Productivity Dynamics and the Role of “Big-Box” Entrants in Retailing," Working Paper Series 898, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 31 Aug 2015.
- Priit Vahter & Jaan Masso, 2011. "The Link between Innovation and Productivity in Estonia???s Service Sectors," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1012, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jen Baggs & Eugene Beaulieu & Loretta Fung & Beverly Lapham, 2016. "Firm Dynamics in Retail Trade: The Response of Canadian Retailers to Exchange Rate Shocks," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 635-666, August.
- Nathan, Max & Overman, Henry G., 2011.
"What we know (and don't know) about the links between planning and economic performance,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
59232, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Max Nathan & Henry G. Overman, 2011. "What We Know (and Don't Know) About the Links between Planning and Economic Performance," SERC Policy Papers 010, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Fabiano Schivardi & Eliana Viviano, 2011.
"Entry Barriers in Retail Trade,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(551), pages 145-170, March.
- Fabiano Schivardi & Eliana Viviano, 2008. "Entry Barriers in Retail Trade," EIEF Working Papers Series 0814, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Jul 2008.
- Schivardi, Fabiano & Viviano, Eliana, 2008. "Entry Barriers in Retail Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 6637, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- F. Schivardi & E. Viviano, 2009. "Entry Barriers in Retail Trade," Working Paper CRENoS 200908, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Fabiano Schivardi & Eliana Viviano, 2010. "Entry Barriers in Retail Trade," Working Papers CELEG 1003, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Paul C. Cheshire & Christian A. L. Hilber & Ioannis Kaplanis, 2015.
"Land use regulation and productivity—land matters: evidence from a UK supermarket chain,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 43-73.
- Cheshire, Paul C. & Hilber, Christian & Kaplanis, Ioannis, 2012. "Land use regulation and productivity - Land matters: Evidence from a UK Supermarket chain," Working Papers 2072/196650, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Paul Cheshire & Christian A. L. Hilber & Ioannis Kaplanis, 2013. "Land Use Regulation and Productivity - Land Matters: Evidence from a UK Supermarket Chain," SERC Discussion Papers 0138, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Haskel, J & Goodridge, P & Hughes, A & Wallis, G, 2015. "The contribution of public and private R&D to UK productivity growth," Working Papers 21171, Imperial College, London, Imperial College Business School.
- Charlotte Senftleben-König, 2014. "Product Market Deregulation and Employment Outcomes: Evidence from the German Retail Sector," Working Papers 2014009, Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science (BDPEMS).
- Jaan Masso & Priit Vahter, 2012.
"The link between innovation and productivity in Estonia's services sector,"
The Service Industries Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(16), pages 2527-2541, December.
- Jaan Masso & Priit Vahter, 2011. "The Link Between Innovation And Productivity In Estonian Service Sector," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 80, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2009.
"Imports, pass-through, and the structure of retail markets,"
Kiel Working Papers
1556, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2009. "Imports, Pass-Through, and the Structure of Retail Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2817, CESifo Group Munich.
- Maican, Florin & Orth, Matilda, 2015.
"A dynamic analysis of entry regulations and productivity in retail trade,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 67-80.
- Maican, Florin & Orth, Matilda, 2012. "A Dynamic Analysis of Entry Regulations and Productivity in Retail Trade," Working Paper Series 939, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 08 Dec 2014.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "British relative economic decline revisited: The role of competition," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 17-29.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2011. "British Relative Economic Decline Revisited," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 42, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Corry, Dan & Valero, Anna & Van Reenen, John, 2011.
"UK economic performance since 1997: growth, productivity and jobs,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
47521, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dan Corry & Anna Valero & John Van Reenen, 2011. "UK Economic Performance Since 1997: Growth, Productivity and Jobs," CEP Special Papers 24, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lang, Åsa, 2012. "City Retailers’ Perceptions of Competition: A Choice Experiment," HUI Working Papers 58, HUI Research.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Oana Mihaescu & Helena Nilsson & Niklas Rudholm, 2017. "What happens when IKEA comes to town?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 313-323, February.
- Paul Cheshire & Christian Hilber & Ioannis Kaplanis, 2011. "Land Use Regulation & Retail: Space Constraints and Total Factor Productivity," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1084, European Regional Science Association.
- Pozzi, Andrea & Schivardi, Fabiano, 2015. "Entry Regulation in Retail Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 10836, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2012. "Imports and the structure of retail markets," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1431-1455, November.
- Paul C. Cheshire & Christian A. L. Hilber & Ioannis Kaplanis, 2012. "Evidence from a UK supermarket chain," Working Papers 2012/15, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Eliana Viviano & Luciana Aimone Gigio & Emanuela Ciapanna & Daniele Coin & Fabrizio Colonna & Federica Lagna & Raffaele Santioni, 2012. "The retail trade sector and the food industry in Italy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 119, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Maria Sanchez Vidal, 2016. "Small shops for sale! The effects of big-box openings on grocery stores," Working Papers 2016/12, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Mitsukuni Nishida, 2014. "The costs of zoning regulations in retail chains: the case of the City Planning Act of 1968 in Japan," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 305-328, June.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Braakmann, Nils & Gonzalo-Almorox, Eduardo & Wildman, John, 2017. "The effect of house prices on the long-term care market: Evidence from England," MPRA Paper 81987, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Regulation.; Retail;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2009-02-28 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-REG-2009-02-28 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.