Media Competition, Information Provision and Political Participation: Evidence from French Local Newspapers and Elections, 1944-2014
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
More about this item
Keywordshard news; media competition; newspaper content; political participation; size of the newsroom; soft news;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2017-08-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-COM-2017-08-13 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CUL-2017-08-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2017-08-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IND-2017-08-13 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-POL-2017-08-13 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:12198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.