Buying First or Selling First in Housing Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Albrecht, James & Gautier, Pieter & Vroman, Susan, 2012. "A note on Peters and Severinov, “Competition among sellers who offer auctions instead of prices”," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 389-392.
- Guido Menzio & Shouyong Shi, 2010.
"Directed Search on the Job, Heterogeneity, and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 327-332, May.
- Guido Menzio & Shouyong Shi, 2010. "Directed Search on the Job, Heterogeneity, and Aggregate Fluctuations," Working Papers tecipa-390, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Elliot Anenberg & Patrick Bayer, 2013.
"Endogenous Sources of Volatility in Housing Markets: The Joint Buyer-Seller Problem,"
NBER Working Papers
18980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elliot Anenberg & Patrick Bayer, 2013. "Endogenous sources of volatility in housing markets: the joint buyer-seller problem," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2013.
- Diamond, Peter A, 1982. "Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 881-894, October.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1981.
"Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 421-436, June.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1980. "Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?," NBER Working Papers 0456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosenthal, Leslie, 1997. "Chain-Formation in the Owner-Occupied Housing Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 475-488, March.
- Antonia Díaz & Belén Jerez, 2013.
"House Prices, Sales, And Time On The Market: A Search‐Theoretic Framework,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54, pages 837-872, August.
- Belen Jerez & Antonia Diaz, 2009. "House Prices, Sales and Time on the Market: A Search-Theoretic Framework," 2009 Meeting Papers 1006, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Díaz, Antonia & Jerez, Belén, 2010. "House prices, sales, and time on the market : a search-theoretic framework," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1033, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Maury, Tristan-Pierre & Tripier, Fabien, 2014. "Search strategies on the housing market and their implications on price dispersion," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 55-80.
- James Albrecht & Axel Anderson & Eric Smith & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Opportunistic Matching In The Housing Market," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 641-664, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Tse, Chung-Yi, 2017.
"Flipping in the housing market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 232-263.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Tse, Chung-Yi, 2017. "Flipping in the Housing Market," MPRA Paper 76443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Chung-Yi Tse, 2017. "Flipping in the Housing Market," ISER Discussion Paper 0989, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Chung-Yi Tse, 2017. "Flipping the Housing Market," Globalization Institute Working Papers 301, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Jan 2017.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Chung-Yi Tse, 2017. "Flipping in the Housing Market," GRU Working Paper Series GRU_2017_001, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- Jan Eeckhout & Ilse Lindenlaub, 2019. "Unemployment Cycles," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 175-234, October.
- Alina Arefeva, 2016. "How Auctions Amplify House-Price Fluctuations," 2016 Meeting Papers 714, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Liberati, Danilo & Loberto, Michele, 2019.
"Taxation and housing markets with search frictions,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C).
- Danilo Liberati & Michele Loberto, 2017. "Taxation and housing markets with search frictions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1105, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Randall Wright & Philipp Kircher & Benoit Julîen & Veronica Guerrieri, 2017. "Directed Search: A Guided Tour," NBER Working Papers 23884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erlend Eide Bø, 2019. "Buy to let. Investment buyers in a housing search model," Discussion Papers 896, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Yu Zhu & Randall Wright & Damien Gaumont, 2017. "Modeling House Prices," 2017 Meeting Papers 744, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
Keywordshousing market; order of transactions; search frictions; strategic complementarities;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.