House Prices, Sales, And Time On The Market: A Search‐Theoretic Framework
This is not the case when we consider the frictionless Walrasian version of the model.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 54 (2013)
Issue (Month): (08)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ierEmail:
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0020-6598 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth Burdett & Shouyong Shi & Randall Wright, 2001. "Pricing and Matching with Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(5), pages 1060-1085, October.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2005.
"Housing And The Business Cycle,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(3), pages 751-784, 08.
- Davis, Morris & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2001. "Housing and the Business Cycle," Working Papers 01-09, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Heathcote, 2003. "Housing and the Business Cycle," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-21, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Morris Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "Housing and the business cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James Albrecht & Axel Anderson & Eric Smith & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Opportunistic Matching In The Housing Market," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 641-664, 05.
- Antonia Díaz & Maria J. Luengo-Prado, 2006.
"On The User Cost and Homeownership,"
- Genesove, David & Mayer, Christopher J, 1997.
"Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 255-69, June.
- David Genesove & Christopher J. Mayer, 1994. "Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market," NBER Working Papers 4861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Genesove, D. & Mayer, C.J., 1994. "Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market," Working papers 94-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David Genesove & Christopher J. Mayer, 1993. "Equity and time to sale in the real estate market," Working Papers 93-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1995. "Pricing Real Assets with Costly Search," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(1), pages 55-90.
- Merlo, Antonio & Ortalo-Magne, Francois, 2004.
"Bargaining over residential real estate: evidence from England,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 192-216, September.
- François Ortalo-Magné & Antonio Merlo, 2002. "Bargaining over Residential Real Estate: Evidence from England," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-02, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Antonio M. Merlo & François Ortalo-Magné, 2002. "Bargaining over Residential Real Estate: Evidence from England," CESifo Working Paper Series 778, CESifo Group Munich.
- Makoto Nakajima, 2005. "Rising Earnings Instability and Prices of Housing and Financial Assets," 2005 Meeting Papers 211, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Wheaton, William C, 1990. "Vacancy, Search, and Prices in a Housing Market Matching Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1270-92, December.
- Moen, Espen R, 1997.
"Competitive Search Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 385-411, April.
- Michael A. Arnold, 1999. "Search, Bargaining and Optimal Asking Prices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 453-481.
- Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Pierre-Olivier Weill, 2006.
"Why Has House Price Dispersion Gone Up?,"
NBER Working Papers
12538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krainer, John, 2001. "A Theory of Liquidity in Residential Real Estate Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 32-53, January.
- Abdullah Yavaş, 1992. "A Simple Search and Bargaining Model of Real Estate Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(4), pages 533-548.
- John Krainer, 2008. "Falling house prices and rising time on the market," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue mar21.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:iecrev:v:54:y:2013:i::p:837-872. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.