Labour Market Flows over the Business Cycle: The Role of the Participation Margin
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elsby, Michael W.L. & Hobijn, Bart & Şahin, Ayşegül, 2015. "On the importance of the participation margin for labor market fluctuations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 64-82.
- Daouli, Joan & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas & Lambropoulou, Nikolitsa, 2015. "The ins and outs of Greek unemployment in the Great Depression," MPRA Paper 66299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sorm, Vit & Terrell, Katherine, 2000.
"Sectoral Restructuring and Labor Mobility: A Comparative Look at the Czech Republic,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 431-455, September.
- Vit Sorm & Katherine Terrell, 1999. "Sectoral Restructuring and Labor Mobility: A Comparative Look at the Czech Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 273, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sorm, Vit & Terrell, Katherine, 2000. "Sectoral Restructuring and Labor Mobility: A Comparative Look at the Czech Republic," IZA Discussion Papers 111, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Paweł Strawiński, 2009. "Ins and Outs of Polish Unemployment," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 1(3), pages 243-259, November.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Ayşegül Şahin, 2017.
"Gross Worker Flows over the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(11), pages 3447-3476, November.
- Krusell, Per & Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Rogerson, Richard & Sahin, Aysegul, 2015. "Gross worker flows over the business cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86279, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Aysegul Sahin, 2015. "Gross Worker Flows over the Business Cycle," Discussion Papers 1530, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Peter A. Diamond, 1982. "Wage Determination and Efficiency in Search Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 217-227.
- Maciej Bukowski & Piotr Lewandowski & Sonia Buchholtz & Lukasz Skrok & Jan Gaska & Horacy Debowski, 2010. "Employment in Poland 2009. Entrepreneurship for work," Books and Reports published by IBS, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych, number zwp2009 edited by Maciej Bukowski, February.
- Vladislav Flek & Martina Mysíková, 2015.
"Uneployment Dynamics in Central Europe: A Labour Flow Approach,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(1), pages 73-87.
- Vladislav Flek & Martina Mysíková, 2012. "Unemployment Dynamics in Central Europe: A Labor Flow Approach," Working Papers IES 2012/07, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2012.
- Abowd, John M & Zellner, Arnold, 1985. "Estimating Gross Labor-Force Flows," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(3), pages 254-283, June.
- Robert Dixon & G. C. Lim & Jan C. van Ours, 2015.
"The effect of shocks to labour market flows on unemployment and participation rates,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(24), pages 2523-2539, May.
- Robert Dixon & Guay C. Lim & Jan C. van Ours, 2014. "The Effect of Shocks to Labour Market Flows on Unemployment and Participation Rates," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2014n13, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Robert Dixon & Guay C. Lim & Jan C. van Ours & Jan C. van Ours, 2014. "The Effect of Shocks to Labour Market Flows on Unemployment and Participation Rates," CESifo Working Paper Series 4826, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dixon, Robert & Lim, Guay C. & van Ours, Jan C, 2014. "The Effect of Shocks to Labour Market Flows on Unemployment and Participation Rates," CEPR Discussion Papers 10002, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dixon, Robert & Lim, Guay C. & van Ours, Jan C., 2014. "The Effect of Shocks to Labour Market Flows on Unemployment and Participation Rates," IZA Discussion Papers 8221, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dixon, R. & Lim, G.C. & van Ours, J.C., 2014. "The Effect of Shocks to Labour Market Flows on Unemployment and Participation Rates," Discussion Paper 2014-033, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1982. "Property Rights and Efficiency in Mating, Racing, and Related Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 968-979, December.
- Pissarides, Christopher A, 1985. "Short-run Equilibrium Dynamics of Unemployment Vacancies, and Real Wages," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 676-690, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment; labour market flows; participation; unemployment; vector autoregression;
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2019-02-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2019-02-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2019-02-25 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cnb:wpaper:2018/17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cnbgvcz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.