Understanding Irish Labour Force Participation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, October.
- Michael Reiter & Christian Haefke, 2006.
"Endogenous Labor Market Participation and the Business Cycle,"
202, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Haefke, Christian & Reiter, Michael, 2006. "Endogenous Labor Market Participation and the Business Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 2029, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Haefke & Michael Reiter, 2006. "Endogenous labor market participation and the business cycle," Economics Working Papers 950, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Christian Haefke & Michael Reiter, 2006. "Endogenous Labor Market Participation and the Business Cycle," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 383, Society for Computational Economics.
- Enrico Fabrizi, 2009. "The Determinants of Labour Market Transitions," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 68(2), pages 233-265, July.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall, 1991.
"Homework in Macroeconomics: Household Production and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1166-1187, December.
- Jess Benhabib & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1991. "Homework in macroeconomics: household production and aggregate fluctuations," Staff Report 135, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kudlyak, Marianna, 2013. "A Cohort Model of Labor Force Participation," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 1Q, pages 25-43.
- Veracierto, Marcelo, 2008.
"On the cyclical behavior of employment, unemployment and labor force participation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 1143-1157, September.
- Marcelo Veracierto, 2002. "On the cyclical behavior of employment, unemployment and labor force participation," Working Paper Series WP-02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Almut Balleer & Ramon Gomez-Salvador & Jarkko Turunen, 2014. "Labour force participation across Europe: a cohort-based analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 1385-1415, June.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Andrew T. Levin, 2014.
"Labor Force Participation and Monetary Policy in the Wake of the Great Recession,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(S2), pages 3-49, October.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Andrew T. Levin, 2013. "Labor Force Participation and Monetary Policy in the Wake of the Great Recession," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 009, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Erceg, Christopher & Levin, Andrew, 2013. "Labor Force Participation and Monetary Policy in the Wake of the Great Recession," CEPR Discussion Papers 9668, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Andrew Levin, 2013. "Labor Force Participation and Monetary Policy in the Wake of the Great Recession," IMF Working Papers 13/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Alfonso Alba-Ramirez, 1999. "Explaining the transitions out of unemployment in Spain: the effect of unemployment insurance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 183-193.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Ayşegül Şahin, 2017.
"Gross Worker Flows over the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(11), pages 3447-3476, November.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Aysegul Sahin, 2015. "Gross Worker Flows over the Business Cycle," Discussion Papers 1530, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Krusell, Per & Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Rogerson, Richard & Sahin, Aysegul, 2015. "Gross worker flows over the business cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86279, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bruce C. Fallick & Jonathan F. Pingle, 2006. "A cohort-based model of labor force participation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Bergin, Adele & Kearney, Ide, 2007. "Human capital accumulation in an open labour market: Ireland in the 1990s," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 839-858, November.
- Stephanie Aaronson & Tomaz Cajner & Bruce Fallick & Felix Galbis-Reig & Christopher Smith & William Wascher, 2014.
"Labor Force Participation: Recent Developments and Future Prospects,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 45(2 (Fall)), pages 197-275.
- Aaronson, Stephanie & Cajner, Tomaz & Fallick, Bruce C. & Galbis-Reig, Felix & Smith, Christopher & Wascher, William L., 2014. "Labor Force Participation: Recent Developments and Future Prospects," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-64, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Aaronson, Stephanie & Cajner, Tomaz & Fallick, Bruce C. & Galbis-Reig, Felix & Smith, Christopher & Wascher, William L., 2014. "Labor Force Participation: Recent Developments and Future Prospects," Working Papers (Old Series) 1410, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1995. "Unemployment Benefits and Labor Market Transitions: A Multinomial Logit Model with Errors in Classification," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 207-216, May.
- Cristian Ionel Rotaru, 2014. "Transitioning Out of Unemployment: Analysis Using the ABS Longitudinal Labour Force Survey File," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 17(2), pages 111-137.
- Helen Russell & Philip J. O’Connell, 2004. "Women Returning to Employment, Education and Training in Ireland - An Analysis of Transitions," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(1), pages 1-25.
- Balleer, Almut & Gómez-Salvador, Ramón & Turunen, Jarkko, 2009. "Labour force participation in the euro area: a cohort based analysis," Working Paper Series 1049, European Central Bank.
- Frank Barry & John Bradley, 1991. "On the causes of Ireland's unemployment," Working Papers 199101, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Adele Bergin & Elish Kelly & Seamus McGuinness, 2015. "Changes in labour market transitions in Ireland over the Great Recession: what role for policy?," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Robert E. Hall, 2005. "Employment Fluctuations with Equilibrium Wage Stickiness," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 50-65, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bercholz, Maxime & FitzGerald, John, 2016. "Recent Trends in Female Labour Force Participation in Ireland," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Masuch, Klaus & Anderton, Robert & Setzer, Ralph & Benalal, Nicholai, 2018. "Structural policies in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 210, European Central Bank.
- Lozej, Matija, 2018. "Economic Migration and Business Cycles in a Small Open Economy with Matching Frictions," Research Technical Papers 8/RT/18, Central Bank of Ireland.
More about this item
Keywordslabour supply; labour policy; Ireland;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:48:y:2017:i:1:p:27-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.