The Determinants of Labour Market Transitions
This paper focuses on changes in the Italian labour market over the decade 1993-2003. We estimate both aggregate transition matrices and micro-level multinomial logistic regression models to analyse flows between labour market states and their determinants. We aim to assess whether labour market intervention and regulation introduced in the nineties acted in the expected direction, that is helping disadvantaged categories such as women and the young. We find that, at least as far as our analysis goes, this has not been the case.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 68 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it/
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergio Destefanis & Raquel Fonseca, 2005.
"Matching Efficiency and Labour Market Reform in Italy. A Macroeconometric Assessment,"
CELPE Discussion Papers
93, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Sergio Destefanis & Raquel Fonseca, 2007. "Matching Efficiency and Labour Market Reform in Italy: A Macroeconometric Assessment," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(1), pages 57-84, 03.
- Andrea Brandolini & Piero Cipollone & Eliana Viviano, 2006.
"Does The Ilo Definition Capture All Unemployment?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 153-179, 03.
- Tito Boeri & Pietro Garibaldi, .
"Shadow Activity and Unemployment in a Depressed Labor Market,"
177, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Boeri, Tito & Garibaldi, Pietro, 2002. "Shadow Activity and Unemployment in a Depressed Labour Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3433, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, November.
- Viviano Eliana, 2003. "Un'analisi critica delle definizioni di disoccupazione e partecipazione in Italia," Politica economica - Journal of Economic Policy (PEJEP), Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 161-190.
- Viviano Eliana, 2003. "Un'analisi critica delle definizioni di disoccupazione e partecipazione in Italia," Politica economica - Journal of Economic Policy (PEJEP), Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 161.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2005.
"European Unemployment: The Evolution of Facts and Ideas,"
NBER Working Papers
11750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2006. "European unemployment: the evolution of facts and ideas," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(45), pages 5-59, 01.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1996.
"Fiscal Adjustments in OECD Countries; Composition and Macroeconomic Effects,"
IMF Working Papers
96/70, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1996. "Fiscal Adjustments in OECD Countries: Composition and Macroeconomic Effects," NBER Working Papers 5730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burda, Michael & Wyplosz, Charles, 1994.
"Gross worker and job flows in Europe,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1287-1315, June.
- Gaspard Aeschimann & Gabrielle Antille & Fabrizio Carlevaro & Jean-Paul Chaze & Giovanni Ferro-Luzzi & Yves Flückiger & Manfred Gilli, 1999. "Modelling and forecasting the social contributions to the Swiss Old Age and Survivor Insurance scheme," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 135(III), pages 349-368, September.
- Akerlof, George A & Main, Brian G M, 1981. "An Experience-Weighted Measure of Employment and Unemployment Durations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1003-11, December.
- Bruno Contini & Roberto Leombruni & Lia Pacelli & Claudia Villosio, 2009. "Wage Mobility and Dynamics in Italy in the 1990s," NBER Chapters, in: The Structure of Wages: An International Comparison, pages 373-400 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J.S. Cramer, 2001. "Measures of Fit for Multinomial Discrete Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-082/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dario Sciulli, 2006. "Making the Italian Labor Market More Flexible: An Evaluation of the Treu Reform," Economics Working Papers we063408, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2006.
"Unemployment and Nonemployment: Heterogeneities in Labor Market States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 314-323, May.
- Stephen R.G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2002. "Unemployment and Non-Employment: Heterogeneities in Labour Market States," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-05, McMaster University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gde:journl:gde_v68_n2_p233-265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.