Does the ILO Definition Capture All Unemployment?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mumford, Karen & Smith, Peter N, 1999.
" The Hiring Function Reconsidered: On Closing the Circle,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(3), pages 343-364, August.
- Karen Mumford & Peter N. Smith, "undated". "The Hiring Function Reconsidered: On Closing The Circle," Discussion Papers 96/45, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Karen Mumford & P Smith, 1997. "The Hiring Function Reconsidered: On Closing the Circle," CEP Discussion Papers dp0359, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Franco Peracchi, 2002. "Sample attrition and labor force dynamics: Evidence from the Spanish labor force survey," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 79-102.
- Luigi Guiso & Giuseppe Parigi, 1999. "Investment and Demand Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 185-227.
- Flinn, Christopher J & Heckman, James J, 1983.
"Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 28-42, January.
- Christopher J. Flinn & James J. Heckman, 1982. "Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?," NBER Working Papers 0979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2006.
"Unemployment and Nonemployment: Heterogeneities in Labor Market States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 314-323, May.
- Stephen R.G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2002. "Unemployment and Non-Employment: Heterogeneities in Labour Market States," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-05, McMaster University.
- Garrido, Luis & Toharia, Luis, 2004. "What does it take to be (counted as) unemployed? The case of Spain," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 507-523, August.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 1999.
"The Measurement of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 147-162, January.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, "undated". "The Measurement Of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 09, McMaster University.
- Füsun Gönül, 1992. "New Evidence on Whether Unemployment and out of the Labor Force are Distinct States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(2), pages 329-361.
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
More about this item
Keywordsunemployment; ILO classifications; transition probabilities;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_529_04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.