Trends and dynamics in the Italian labour market. An empirical evaluation using RFL data, 1993-2007
The empirical analysis carried out in this paper represents the basis for the construction of the labour market module in the dynamic microsimulation model CAPP_DYN. Using LFS longitudinal data for the period 1993-2007, we describe the recent trends on the Italian labour market and provide an international comparison with other European countries. In order to investigate the determinants of labour market transitions, multinomial logistic regressions are implemented, and the estimated parameters are then used to model transition probabilities in the dynamic microsimulation model.
|Date of creation:||May 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.capp.unimore.it|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Enrico Fabrizi, 2009. "The Determinants of Labour Market Transitions," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 68(2), pages 233-265, July.
- Florence Jaumotte, 2004. "Labour Force Participation of Women: Empirical Evidence on The Role of Policy and Other Determinants in OECD Countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2003(2), pages 51-108.
- Andrea Ichino & Fabrizia Mealli & Tommaso Nannicini, 2008.
"From temporary help jobs to permanent employment: what can we learn from matching estimators and their sensitivity?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 305-327.
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," IZA Discussion Papers 2149, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5736, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leandro Elia, 2010. "Temporary/Permanent Workers' Wage Gap: A Brand-new Form of Wage Inequality?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(2), pages 178-200, 06.
- Fabio Berton & Francesco Devicienti & Lia Pacelli, 2007. "Temporary jobs: Port of entry, Trap, or just Unobserved Heterogeneity?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 68, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Bellmann Lutz & Estrin Saul & Lehmann Hartmut & Wadsworth Jonathan, 1995. "The Eastern German Labor Market in Transition: Gross Flow Estimates from Panel Data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 139-170, April.
- L Bellmann & S Estrin & H Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth, 1992. "The Eastern German Labour Market in Transition: Gross Flow Estimates from Panel Data," CEP Discussion Papers dp0102, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Matteo Picchio, 2008. "Temporary Contracts and Transitions to Stable Jobs in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 147-174, 06.
- Gianna Barbieri & Paolo Sestito, 2008. "Temporary Workers in Italy: Who Are They and Where They End Up," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(1), pages 127-166, 03.
- Chies Laura & Lucchetti Riccardo & Staffolani Stefano, 1998. "Occupazione, disoccupazione, inattività: determinanti della mobilità tra stati in Italia," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 395-418.
- Laura CHIES & Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Stefano STAFFOLANI, 1997. "Occupazione, Disoccupazione, Intattivita': determinanti della mobilita' tra stati in Italia," Working Papers 86, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Angelo Marano & Paolo Sestito, 2004. "Older workers and pensioners: the challenge of ageing on the Italian public pension system and labour market," CeRP Working Papers 32, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Gagliarducci, Stefano, 2005. "The dynamics of repeated temporary jobs," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 429-448, August.
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson, 2005. "Public pension reform in the United Kingdom: what effect on the financial well-being of current and future pensioners?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(1), pages 55-81, March.
- Creedy, John & Disney, Richard & Whitehouse, Edward, 1993. "The Earnings-Related State Pension, Indexation and Lifetime Redistribution in the U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(3), pages 257-278, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)