Temporary Workers in Italy: Who Are They and Where They End Up
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersson Joona, Pernilla & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2004. "Other Forms of Employment: Temporary Employment Agencies and Self-Employment," IZA Discussion Papers 1166, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guell, Maia & Petrongolo, Barbara, 2007.
"How binding are legal limits? Transitions from temporary to permanent work in Spain,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 153-183, April.
- Güell, Maia & Petrongolo, Barbara, 2003. "How Binding Are Legal Limits? Transitions from Temporary to Permanent Work in Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 782, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maia Güell & Barbara Petrongolo, 2003. "How binding are legal limits? Transitions from temporary to permanent work in Spain," Economics Working Papers 682, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2005.
- Güell, Maia & Petrongolo, Barbara, 2003. "How Binding are Legal Limits? Transitions from Temporary to Permanent Work in Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 3931, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maia Güell & Barbara Petrongolo, 2003. "How Binding are Legal Limits? Transitions from Termporary to Permanent Work in Spain," Working Papers 75, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Marloes de Graaf-Zijl & Gerard van den Berg & Arjan Heyma, 2011.
"Stepping stones for the unemployed: the effect of temporary jobs on the duration until (regular) work,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 107-139, January.
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J & Heyma, Arjan, 2004. "Stepping-stones for the unemployed: The effect of temporary jobs on the duration until regular work," Working Paper Series 2004:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J. & Heyma, Arjan, 2004. "Stepping Stones for the Unemployed: The Effect of Temporary Jobs on the Duration until Regular Work," IZA Discussion Papers 1241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Larsson, Laura & Lindqvist, Linus & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2005. "Stepping-stones or dead-ends? An analysis of Swedish replacement contracts," Working Paper Series 2005:18, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Olivier Blanchard & Augustin Landier, 2001. "The Perverse Effects of Partial Labor Market Reform: Fixed Duration Contracts in France," NBER Working Papers 8219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dem:demres:v:40:y:2019:i:8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurizio Baussola & Chiara Mussida, 2011. "The natural rate of unemployment and the unemployment gender gap," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1180, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- repec:spr:italej:v:4:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s40797-018-0077-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Á. Malo & Begoña Cueto, 2013.
"Temporary Contracts across Generations: Long-term effects of a labour market reform at the margin,"
Cuadernos de Economía - Spanish Journal of Economics and Finance,
Asociación Cuadernos de Economía, vol. 36(101), pages 84-99, Agosto.
- Malo, Miguel A. & Cueto, Begona, 2013. "Temporary Contracts across Generations: Long-term effects of a labour market reform at the margin," MPRA Paper 44275, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiara Mussida & Matteo Picchio, 2014.
"The trend over time of the gender wage gap in Italy,"
Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 1081-1110, May.
- Mussida, Chiara & Picchio, Matteo, 2011. "The Trend over Time of the Gender Wage Gap in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 5932, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiara MUSSIDA & Matteo PICCHIO, 2011. "The Trend over Time of the Gender Wage Gap in Italy," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011031, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mussida, C. & Picchio, M., 2011. "The Trend over Time of the GenderWage Gap in Italy," Discussion Paper 2011-093, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sara Flisi & Marcello Morciano, 2011.
"Trends and dynamics in the Italian labour market. An empirical evaluation using RFL data, 1993-2007,"
Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP)
0091, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Sara Flisi & Marcello Morciano, 2011. "Trends and dynamics in the Italian labour market. An empirical evaluation using RFL data, 1993-2007," Department of Economics 0661, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Kristina Nyström & Gulzat Zhetibaeva Elvung, 2015. "New Firms as Employers: The Wage Penalty for Voluntary and Involuntary Job Switchers," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 29(4), pages 348-366, December.
- Bosio, Giulio & Leonardi, Marco, 2011. "The Impact of Bologna Process on the Graduate Labour Market: Demand and Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 5789, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beckmann, Michael & Kuhn, Dieter, 2012. "Flexibility vs. screening : the performance effects of temporary agency work strategies," Working papers 2012/03, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Olga Demidova & Marcello Signorelli, 2010. "The Impact of Crises on Youth Unemployment of Russian Regions: An Empirical Analysis," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 78/2010, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Brigitte Granville & Jaume Martorell Cruz, 2016. "Squared Segmentation: How the Insider/Outsider divide across Public/Private Employment shapes attitudes towards markets," Working Papers 78, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Giovanni S.F. Bruno & Floro E. Caroleo & Orietta Dessy, 2013.
"Stepping stones versus dead end jobs: exits from temporary contracts in Italy after the 2003 reform,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 121(1), pages 31-62.
- Bruno, Giovanni S. F. & Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Dessy, Orietta, 2012. "Stepping Stones versus Dead End Jobs: Exits from Temporary Contracts in Italy after the 2003 Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 6746, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Gebel, 2013. "Is a Temporary Job Better than Unemployment?: A Cross-Country Comparison Based on British, German, and Swiss Panel Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 543, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore, 2009.
"Le cause del(l') (in)successo lavorativo dei giovani,"
Economia & lavoro,
Carocci editore, issue 3, pages 107-107.
- Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Pastore, Francesco, 2009.
"Le cause del (l’in-)successo lavorativo dei giovani
[The determinants of youth success in the labour market]," MPRA Paper 14218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Pastore, Francesco, 2009. "Le cause del (l’in-)successo lavorativo dei giovani
- Ferrari, Filippo, 2011.
"Lo sviluppo delle competenze nei contesti precari
[Skills development in precariousness: the dark side of flexibility?]," MPRA Paper 33284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:izalbr:v:6:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40172-017-0054-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2009.
"Temporary Contracts, Employees' Effort and Labour Productivity: The Evidence for Italy,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 279-314.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2008. "Temporary contracts, employees' effort and labour productivity: the evidence for Italy," Working Papers 111, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Anna Amilon & Mårten Wallette, 2009. "Work Absence - A Signalling Factor for Temporary Workers?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(1), pages 171-194, March.
- Niall O’Higgins, 2011. "Italy: Limited Policy Responses and Industrial Relations in Flux, Leading to Aggravated Inequalities," Chapters,in: Work Inequalities in the Crisis, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2006. "Human capital, unemployment, and probability of transition to permanent employment in the Italian regional labour markets," Working Papers 93, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 2012. "This Time It's Different? Youth Labour Markets During 'The Great Recession'," IZA Discussion Papers 6434, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Centra & Valentina Gualtieri, 2015. "La domanda di lavoro stabile nel periodo di crisi economica: un’analisi sul territorio italiano stable job demand during economic crisis: an italian context analysis," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 53-71.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:labour:v:22:y:2008:i:1:p:127-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csrotit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.