The Euro Effects on the Firm and Product-Level Trade Margins: Evidence from France
We investigate the effects of the euro on French exporters. We build three margins corresponding to the decision of exporting, the number of products exported to each destination, and the average value of exports by product, that compose the expected value of exports of each individual firm on a market. Estimation results that rely on the full sample of exporters suggest that the euro adoption had a positive effect on the number of products exported by each individual firm, and no effect on the decision to export and the average value of exports by product. Though, composition effects are in action: the effect on the decision of exporting, and on the average value of exports by products, is positive - but weakly significant - for firms with more than 20 employees. Finally, we find that euro had no effect on least productive firms.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 113, rue de Grenelle, 75700 Paris SP07|
Phone: 33 01 53 68 55 00
Fax: 33 01 53 68 55 01
Web page: http://www.cepii.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laura Hering & Sandra Poncet, 2009.
"The impact of economic geography on wages: Disentangling the channels of influence,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Hering, Laura & Poncet, Sandra, 2009. "The impact of economic geography on wages: Disentangling the channels of influence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Laura Hering & Sandra Poncet, 2008. "The Impact of Economic Geography on Wages: Disentangling the Channels of Influence," Working Papers 2008-20, CEPII research center.
- Matthieu Crozet & Pamina Koenig & Vincent Rebeyrol, 2008. "Exporting to Insecure Markets: a Firm-Level Analysis," Working Papers 2008-13, CEPII research center.
- Vincent Delbecque & Isabelle Méjean & Lise Patureau, 2008. "Social Competition and Firms' Location Choices," Working Papers 2008-12, CEPII research center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepidt:2008-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.