The Euro Effects on the Firm and Product-Level Trade Margins: Evidence from France
We investigate the effects of the euro on French exporters. We build three margins corresponding to the decision of exporting, the number of products exported to each destination, and the average value of exports by product, that compose the expected value of exports of each individual firm on a market. Estimation results that rely on the full sample of exporters suggest that the euro adoption had a positive effect on the number of products exported by each individual firm, and no effect on the decision to export and the average value of exports by product. Though, composition effects are in action: the effect on the decision of exporting, and on the average value of exports by products, is positive - but weakly significant - for firms with more than 20 employees. Finally, we find that euro had no effect on least productive firms.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 113, rue de Grenelle, 75700 Paris SP07|
Phone: 33 01 53 68 55 00
Fax: 33 01 53 68 55 01
Web page: http://www.cepii.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Delbecque & Isabelle Méjean & Lise Patureau, 2008. "Social Competition and Firms' Location Choices," Working Papers 2008-12, CEPII research center.
- Hering, Laura & Poncet, Sandra, 2009.
"The impact of economic geography on wages: Disentangling the channels of influence,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Laura Hering & Sandra Poncet, 2008. "The Impact of Economic Geography on Wages: Disentangling the Channels of Influence," Working Papers 2008-20, CEPII research center.
- Laura Hering & Sandra Poncet, 2009. "The impact of economic geography on wages: Disentangling the channels of influence," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00633816, HAL.
- Matthieu Crozet & Pamina Koenig & Vincent Rebeyrol, 2008. "Exporting to Insecure Markets: a Firm-Level Analysis," Working Papers 2008-13, CEPII research center. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)