Within-group heterogeneity and group dynamics: Analyzing exit of microcredit groups in Angola
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ivar Kolstad & Armando J. Garcia Pires & Arne Wiig, 2017. "Within-group heterogeneity and group dynamics: analyzing exit of microcredit groups in Angola," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 338-351, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David J. & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009. "Measuring microenterprise profits: Must we ask how the sausage is made?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 19-31, January.
- Evans, Timothy G. & Adams, Alayne M. & Mohammed, Rafi & Norris, Alison H., 1999. "Demystifying Nonparticipation in Microcredit: A Population-Based Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 419-430, February.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2000.
"Participation in Heterogeneous Communities,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 847-904.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, "undated". "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," Working Papers 151, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- La Ferrara, Eliana & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," Scholarly Articles 4551796, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 1999. "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," NBER Working Papers 7155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Evelyn Lehrer & Carmel Chiswick, 1993. "Religion as a determinant of marital stability," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 30(3), pages 385-404, August.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2013. "Is It Both What You Know And Who You Know? Human Capital, Social Capital And Entrepreneurial Success," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 626-639, July.
- Habyarimana, James & Humphreys, Macartan & Posner, Daniel N. & Weinstein, Jeremy M., 2007. "Why Does Ethnic Diversity Undermine Public Goods Provision?," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 709-725, November.
- Marc J. Epstein & Kristi Yuthas, 2013. "Rural Microfinance And Client Retention: Evidence From Malawi," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(01), pages 1-17.
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2009.
"Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 423-423.
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2008. "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1329-1372.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2007. "Returns to capital in microenterprises : evidence from a field experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4230, The World Bank.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2007. "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2934, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne, 2013.
"Does an educated mind take the broader view? A field experiment on in-group favouritism among microcredit clients,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 10-17.
- Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne, 2012. "Does an Educated Mind Take the Broader View? A Field Experiment on In-group Favouritism among Microcredit Clients," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Smith Alexander, 2011. "Identifying In-Group and Out-Group Effects in the Trust Game," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-13, June.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Ghatak, Maitreesh & Karaivanov, Alexander, 2007. "Wealth inequality and collective action," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1843-1874, September.
- Berge, Lars Ivar Oppedal & Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Garcia Pires, Armando Jose & Tungodden, Bertil, 2015. "Competitive in the lab, successful in the field?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 303-317.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Vandewalle, Lore, 2008.
"Microfinance Lifespans: A Study of Attrition and Exclusion in Self-Help Groups in India,"
India Policy Forum,
National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 4(1), pages 159-210.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Lore Vandewalle, 2007. "Microfinance Lifespans: A Study of Attrition and Exclusion in Self-Help Groups in India," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 159-210.
- Justin Isaacs & David Laband, 1999. "Within-group homogeneity and exit in religious clubs," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(12), pages 805-808.
- Habyarimana, James P. & Humphreys, Macartan & Posner, Daniel N. & Weinstein, Jeremy, 2006. "Why Does Ethnic Diversity Undermine Public Goods Provision? An Experimental Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2272, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsGroup dynamics; microcredit; fractionalization; inequality; exit;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2015-03-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-MFD-2015-03-13 (Microfinance)
- NEP-SOC-2015-03-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2015-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmiiino.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.