Labour Market Institutions and their Effect on Labour Market Performance in the New EU Member Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kamila FialovÃ¡ & OndÅej Schneider, 2009. "Labor Market Institutions and Their Effect on Labor Market Performance in the New EU Member Countries," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 57-83, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cahuc, Pierre & Michel, Philippe, 1996. "Minimum wage unemployment and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1463-1482, August.
- Alan Manning, 1995. "How Do We Know That Real Wages Are Too High?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1111-1125.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2007.
"Labor Market Institutions Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
13242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Freeman, 2008. "Labor Market Institutions Around the World," CEP Discussion Papers dp0844, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Freeman, Richard B., 2008. "Labor market institutions around the world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19647, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rebitzer, James B. & Taylor, Lowell J., 1995.
"The consequences of minimum wage laws Some new theoretical ideas,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 245-255, February.
- James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor, 1991. "The Consequences of Minimum Wage Laws: Some New Theoretical Ideas," NBER Working Papers 3877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & Gareth Macartney, 2007.
"Product Market Reforms, Labour Market Institutions and Unemployment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(519), pages 142-166, March.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & Gareth Macartney, 2006. "Product market reforms, labour market institutions and unemployment," IFS Working Papers W06/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harrison, Rupert & Macartney, Gareth, 2006. "Product Market Reforms, Labour Market Institutions and Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 5599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Blanchflower, David G., 2001. "Unemployment, Well-Being, and Wage Curves in Eastern and Central Europe," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 364-402, December.
- Teulings,Coen & Hartog,Joop, 2008. "Corporatism or Competition?," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521049399.
- Richard B. Freeman & Edward P. Lazear, 1995. "An Economic Analysis of Works Councils," NBER Chapters,in: Works Councils: Consultation, Representation, and Cooperation in Industrial Relations, pages 27-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sandrine Cazes & Alena Nesporova, 2004. "Labour markets in transition: balancing flexibility and security in Central and Eastern Europe," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 91(5), pages 23-54.
- Brown, Charles & Gilroy, Curtis & Kohen, Andrew, 1982. "The Effect of the Minimum Wage on Employment and Unemployment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 487-528, June.
- Tito Boeri, 2005. "Reforming Labor and Product Markets; Some Lessons from Two Decades of Experiments in Europe," IMF Working Papers 05/97, International Monetary Fund.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nicola Brandt & Jean-Marc Burniaux & Romain Duval, 2005. "Assessing the OECD Jobs Strategy: Past Developments and Reforms," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 429, OECD Publishing.
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2009. "Active labour market policy in East Germany," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(4), pages 661-702, October.
- Howell David R. & Baker Dean & Glyn Andrew & Schmitt John, 2007. "Are Protective Labor Market Institutions at the Root of Unemployment? A Critical Review of the Evidence," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-73, May.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1996. "Understanding Labour Market Institutions: A Political Economy Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 1438, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2015.
"Labour market institutions, crisis and gender earnings gap in Eastern Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(3), pages 517-564, July.
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2013. "Labour Market Institutions, Crisis and Gender Earnings Gap in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 328, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Dieppe, Alistair & Mourinho Félix, Ricardo & Marchiori, Luca & Grech, Owen & Albani, Maria & Kulikov, Dmitry & Papadopoulou, Niki & Sideris, Dimitris & Irac, Delphine & Gordo Mora, Esther & Vogel, Edg, 2015. "Public debt, population ageing and medium-term growth," Occasional Paper Series 165, European Central Bank.
- Kamila Fialová & Martina Mysíková, 2009. "The Minimum Wage: Labor Market Consequences in the Czech Republic," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(3), pages 255-274, August.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2012.
"Institutions And Performance In European Labour Markets: Taking A Fresh Look At Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 1-41, February.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2009. "Institutions and Performance in European Labour Markets: Taking a Fresh Look at Evidence," Working Papers CEB 09-049.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2009. "Institutions and performance in European labour markets: taking a fresh look at evidence," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 391, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Kamila Fialová, 2010.
"Labor Institutions and their Impact on Shadow Economies in Europe,"
Working Papers IES
2010/29, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2010.
- Fialova, Kamila & Schneider, Ondrej, 2011. "Labor institutions and their impact on shadow economies in Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5913, The World Bank.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"What Explains Prevalence of Informal Employment in European Countries: The Role of Labor Institutions, Governance, Immigrants, and Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5872, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "What explains prevalence of informal employment in European countries : the role of labor institutions, governance, immigrants, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5917, The World Bank.
- Fatih Macit, 2012.
"Labor Market Institutions and Labor Productivity Growth,"
Economic Research Guardian,
Weissberg Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 121-128, May.
- Macit, Fatih, 2011. "Labor Market Institutions and Labor Productivity Growth," MPRA Paper 31727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Muravyev, Alexander, 2009. "How Important Are Labor Market Institutions for Labor Market Performance in Transition Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 4673, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ecb:ecbops:2014165 is not listed on IDEAS
- H. Lehmann & A. Muravyev, 2010. "Labor market institutions and labor market performance: what can we learn from transition countries?," Working Papers 714, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Per Skedinger, 2010. "Employment Protection Legislation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13686.
- Beata Farkas, 2011. "The Central and Eastern European model of capitalism," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 15-34.
- Emilie Jašová & Božena Kadeřábková & Klára Čermáková & Pavel Procházka, 2016.
"Působení institucionálních faktorů na strukturální a cyklickou nezaměstnanost v zemích Visegrádské skupiny
[Influence of Institutional Factors on Structural and Cyclical Unemployment in the Countri," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(1), pages 34-50.
- Indermit Gill & Johannes Koettl & Truman Packard, 2013. "Full employment: a distant dream for Europe," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, December.
- H. Lehmann & A. Muravyev, 2011.
"Labor markets and labor market institutions in transition economies,"
wp783, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Muravyev, Alexander, 2011. "Labor Markets and Labor Market Institutions in Transition Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 5905, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Randolph L. Bruno & Riccardo Rovelli, 2010. "Labour Market Policies and Outcomes in the Enlarged EU," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 661-685, June.
- Kamila Fialová & Ondrej Schneider, 2014. "Labor Market Institutions and Their Impact on Shadow Economies in Europe," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 5(1).
- Jens Holscher & Cristiano Perugini & Fabrizio Pompei, 2011. "Wage inequality, labour market flexibility and duality in Eastern and Western Europe," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 271-310.
- Edoardo Di Porto & Leandro Elia & Cristina Tealdi, 2013. "The "emersion" effect: an ex post and ex ante social program evaluation on labor tax evasion in Italy," Working Papers 2/2013, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jun 2013.
- Bergljot B Barkbu & Jesmin Rahman & Rodrigo O. Valdes, 2012. "Fostering Growth in Europe Now," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/07, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordslabour market; unemployment; European Union; labour market institutions;
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .