Labour Market Institutions and their Effect on Labour Market Performance in the New EU Member Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kamila FialovÃ¡ & OndÅej Schneider, 2009. "Labor Market Institutions and Their Effect on Labor Market Performance in the New EU Member Countries," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 57-83, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cahuc, Pierre & Michel, Philippe, 1996. "Minimum wage unemployment and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1463-1482, August.
- Alan Manning, 1995. "How Do We Know That Real Wages Are Too High?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1111-1125.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2007.
"Labor Market Institutions Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
13242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Freeman, 2008. "Labor Market Institutions Around the World," CEP Discussion Papers dp0844, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Freeman, Richard B., 2008. "Labor market institutions around the world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19647, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rebitzer, James B. & Taylor, Lowell J., 1995.
"The consequences of minimum wage laws Some new theoretical ideas,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 245-255, February.
- James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor, 1991. "The Consequences of Minimum Wage Laws: Some New Theoretical Ideas," NBER Working Papers 3877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & Gareth Macartney, 2007.
"Product Market Reforms, Labour Market Institutions and Unemployment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(519), pages 142-166, March.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harrison, Rupert & Macartney, Gareth, 2006. "Product Market Reforms, Labour Market Institutions and Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 5599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & Gareth Macartney, 2006. "Product market reforms, labour market institutions and unemployment," IFS Working Papers W06/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Blanchflower, David G., 2001. "Unemployment, Well-Being, and Wage Curves in Eastern and Central Europe," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 364-402, December.
- Teulings,Coen & Hartog,Joop, 2008. "Corporatism or Competition?," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521049399, August.
- Richard B. Freeman & Edward P. Lazear, 1995. "An Economic Analysis of Works Councils," NBER Chapters,in: Works Councils: Consultation, Representation, and Cooperation in Industrial Relations, pages 27-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sandrine Cazes & Alena Nesporova, 2004. "Labour markets in transition: balancing flexibility and security in Central and Eastern Europe," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 91(5), pages 23-54.
- Brown, Charles & Gilroy, Curtis & Kohen, Andrew, 1982. "The Effect of the Minimum Wage on Employment and Unemployment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 487-528, June.
- Tito Boeri, 2005. "Reforming Labor and Product Markets; Some Lessons from Two Decades of Experiments in Europe," IMF Working Papers 05/97, International Monetary Fund.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nicola Brandt & Jean-Marc Burniaux & Romain Duval, 2005. "Assessing the OECD Jobs Strategy: Past Developments and Reforms," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 429, OECD Publishing.
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2009. "Active labour market policy in East Germany," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(4), pages 661-702, October.
- Howell David R. & Baker Dean & Glyn Andrew & Schmitt John, 2007. "Are Protective Labor Market Institutions at the Root of Unemployment? A Critical Review of the Evidence," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-73, May.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1996. "Understanding Labour Market Institutions: A Political Economy Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 1438, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"What explains prevalence of informal employment in European countries : the role of labor institutions, governance, immigrants, and growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5917, The World Bank.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "What Explains Prevalence of Informal Employment in European Countries: The Role of Labor Institutions, Governance, Immigrants, and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 5872, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2015.
"Labour market institutions, crisis and gender earnings gap in Eastern Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(3), pages 517-564, July.
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2013. "Labour Market Institutions, Crisis and Gender Earnings Gap in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 328, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Randolph L. Bruno & Riccardo Rovelli, 2010. "Labour Market Policies and Outcomes in the Enlarged EU," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 661-685, June.
- Dieppe, Alistair & Mourinho Félix, Ricardo & Marchiori, Luca & Grech, Owen & Albani, Maria & Kulikov, Dmitry & Papadopoulou, Niki & Sideris, Dimitris & Irac, Delphine & Gordo Mora, Esther & Vogel, Edg, 2015. "Public debt, population ageing and medium-term growth," Occasional Paper Series 165, European Central Bank.
- Kamila Fialová & Ondrej Schneider, 2014. "Labor Market Institutions and Their Impact on Shadow Economies in Europe," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 5(1).
- Kamila Fialová & Martina Mysíková, 2009. "The Minimum Wage: Labor Market Consequences in the Czech Republic," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(3), pages 255-274, August.
- Kamila Fialová, 2010.
"Labor Institutions and their Impact on Shadow Economies in Europe,"
Working Papers IES
2010/29, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2010.
- Fialova, Kamila & Schneider, Ondrej, 2011. "Labor institutions and their impact on shadow economies in Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5913, The World Bank.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2012.
"Institutions And Performance In European Labour Markets: Taking A Fresh Look At Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 1-41, February.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2009. "Institutions and performance in European labour markets: taking a fresh look at evidence," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 391, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2009. "Institutions and Performance in European Labour Markets: Taking a Fresh Look at Evidence," Working Papers CEB 09-049.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jens Holscher & Cristiano Perugini & Fabrizio Pompei, 2011. "Wage inequality, labour market flexibility and duality in Eastern and Western Europe," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 271-310.
- Fatih Macit, 2012.
"Labor Market Institutions and Labor Productivity Growth,"
Economic Research Guardian,
Weissberg Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 121-128, May.
- Macit, Fatih, 2011. "Labor Market Institutions and Labor Productivity Growth," MPRA Paper 31727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Muravyev, Alexander, 2009. "How Important Are Labor Market Institutions for Labor Market Performance in Transition Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 4673, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ecb:ecbops:2014165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Muravyev, Alexander, 2011.
"Labor Markets and Labor Market Institutions in Transition Economies,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5905, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- H. Lehmann & A. Muravyev, 2011. "Labor markets and labor market institutions in transition economies," Working Papers wp783, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- H. Lehmann & A. Muravyev, 2010. "Labor market institutions and labor market performance: what can we learn from transition countries?," Working Papers 714, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Per Skedinger, 2010. "Employment Protection Legislation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13686, December.
- Beata Farkas, 2011. "The Central and Eastern European model of capitalism," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 15-34.
- Indermit Gill & Johannes Koettl & Truman Packard, 2013. "Full employment: a distant dream for Europe," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, December.
- Edoardo Di Porto & Leandro Elia & Cristina Tealdi, 2013. "The "emersion" effect: an ex post and ex ante social program evaluation on labor tax evasion in Italy," Working Papers 2/2013, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jun 2013.
- Bergljot B Barkbu & Jesmin Rahman & Rodrigo O. Valdes, 2012. "Fostering Growth in Europe Now," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/07, International Monetary Fund.
- Emilie Jašová & Božena Kadeřábková & Klára Čermáková & Pavel Procházka, 2016.
"Působení institucionálních faktorů na strukturální a cyklickou nezaměstnanost v zemích Visegrádské skupiny
[Influence of Institutional Factors on Structural and Cyclical Unemployment in the Countri," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(1), pages 34-50.
More about this item
Keywordslabour market; unemployment; European Union; labour market institutions;
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.