Incentives in the Welfare-State; Lessons for Would-Be Welfare-States
This paper deals with economic incentives and welfare-state arrangements in OECD countries; it also offers some lessons for would- be welfare states. These arrangements differ, of course, among countries. In particular, there is a wide variation in the extent to which countries rely on four basic institutions: the state, the firm, the family and the market.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iies.su.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827, October.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297, October.
- Persson, T. & Tabellini, G., 1993.
"Is Inequality Harmful for Growth,"
537, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991.
"Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1993.
"Children's Prospects and Children's Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 153-174, Fall.
- R. Haveman & B. Wolfe, . "Children's prospects and children's policy," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1010-93, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1995.
" Welfare State Disincentives with Endogenous Habits and Norms,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 477-94, December.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1995. "Welfare State Disincentives with Endogenous Habits and Norms," Working Paper Series 441, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lindbeck, A., 1994. "Welfare State Disincentives with Endogenous Habits and Norms," Papers 589, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:stocin:604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.