International Trade, Employment, and Earnings: Evidence from U.S. Rural Counties
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robin Leichenko & Julie Silva, 2004. "International Trade, Employment and Earnings: Evidence from US Rural Counties," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 355-374.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kapstein, Ethan B., 2000. "Winners and Losers in the Global Economy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(02), pages 359-384, March.
- Scott, Allen J., 1999. "Regions and the World Economy: The Coming Shape of Global Production, Competition, and Political Order," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296584.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 2000.
"Understanding Increasing and Decreasing Wage Inequality,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Impact of International Trade on Wages, pages 227-268
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 1998. "Understanding Increasing and Decreasing Wage Inequality," NBER Working Papers 6571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C & Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 240-245, May.
- Julie Silva & Robin Leichenko, 2003. "Regional Income Inequality and International Trade," Working Papers 03-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Haishun Sun, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Export Performance in China," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 317-336.
- Linda Goldberg & Joseph Tracy, 2000. "Exchange Rates and Local Labor Markets," NBER Chapters,in: The Impact of International Trade on Wages, pages 269-307 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levernier, William & Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 1998. "Differences in Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan U.S. Family Income Inequality: A Cross-County Comparison," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 272-290, September.
- Ricardo C. Gazel & R. Keith Schwer, 1998. "Growth of International Exports among the States: Can a Modified Shift-Share Analysis Explain it?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 21(2), pages 185-204, August.
- Ashok Deo Bardhan, 2001. "Globalization and Restructuring during Downturns: A Case Study of California," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 217-235.
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "Has Globalization Gone Too Far?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 57.
- Carlino, Gerald & Cody, Brian & Voith, Richard, 1990. "Regional impacts of exchange rate movements," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 20(1).
- David Yoskowitz & James Giermanski & Rolando Pena-Sanchez, 2002. "The Influence of NAFTA on Socio-economic Variables for the US-Mexico Border Region," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 25-31.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Baldwin, John R. & Caves, Richard, 1997. "International Competition and Industrial Performance: Allocative Efficiency, Productive Efficiency, and Turbulence," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1997108e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Paul Krugman, 1992. "Geography and Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262610868, November.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Richard Voith & Brian J. Cody, 1991. "The effects of exchange rate and productivity changes on U.S. industrial output at the state level," Working Papers 91-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 2001. "Job Loss from Imports: Measuring the Costs," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 110.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Fabel, Oliver, 1988. "State Factor Endowments and Exports: An Alternative to Cross-Industry Studies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 696-701, November.
- Pedroni, Peter, 1999.
" Critical Values for Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels with Multiple Regressors,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 653-670, Special I.
- Peter Pedroni, 1999. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels with Multiple Regressors," Department of Economics Working Papers 2000-02, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Rodney A Erickson, 1990. "Export Performance and State Industrial Growth," Working Papers 90-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Heizi Noponen & Ann Markusen & Karl Driessen, 1997. "Trade and American Cities: Who has the Comparative Advantage?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 11(1), pages 67-87, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edmira Cakrani, 2015. "The Impact of Real Exchange Rate on Employment in Albania," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(5), pages 45-55, October.
- Rigby, D L & Breau, Sebastien, 2007. "Impacts of Trade on Wage Quality in Los Angeles: Analysis Using Matched Employer-Employee Data," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt0fh5z1hf, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- E. Anthon Eff & Steven G. Livingston, 2007. "Is There A Rural/Urban Export Gap?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 339-363, May.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & M. Rose Olfert & Ying Tan, 2017.
"International trade and local labor markets: Do foreign and domestic shocks affect regions differently?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 375-409.
- Partridge, Mark & Dan S., Rickman & Olfert, M. Rose & Tan, Ying, 2014. "International Trade and Local Labor Markets: Do Foreign and Domestic Shocks Affect Regions Differently?," MPRA Paper 66892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & M. Rose Olfert & Ying Tan, 2015. "International Trade and Local Labor Markets: Do Foreign and Domestic Shocks Affect Regions Differently?," Economics Working Paper Series 1507, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Elia, Stefano & Maggi, Elena & Mariotti, Ilaria, 2011. "Does the transport industry gain from manufacturing internationalization? An empirical investigation on the Italian regions," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 49, pages 53-74.
- Tomasz Brodzicki & Stanislaw Uminski, 2013. "International trade relations of enterprises established in Poland's regions: gravity model panel estimation," Working Papers 1301, Instytut Rozwoju, Institute for Development.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Gill, Nicholas, 2006. "How does trade affect regional disparities?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1201-1222, July.
- CRESPO, Nuno & FONTOURA, Maria Paula, 2013.
"Regional Integration And Internal Economic Geography - An Empirical Evaluation With Portuguese Data,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 99-116.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2006. "Regional Integration and Internal Economic Geography - an Empirical Evaluation with Portuguese Data," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/25, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Bureau, Jean-Christophe, 2006.
"Freer International Trade and the Consequences for EU rural areas,"
Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales,
Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(12).
- Jean-Christophe Bureau, 2007. "Freer international trade and the consequences for EU rural areas," Post-Print hal-01172831, HAL.
- Jiaochen Liang & Stephan Goetz, 2016. "Self-employment and trade shock mitigation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 45-56, January.
- Christine WIECK & Thomas I. WAHL, "undated". "The Modelling of an Open Regional Economy: Effects of Imports and Trade Liberalization," Regional and Urban Modeling 284100047, EcoMod.
- Ivan T. Kandilov, 2009. "The Effects Of Trade With Developing Countries On The Regional Demand For Skill In The U.S.: Evidence From County Data," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 459-482.
- Jiaochen Liang & Stephan J. Goetz, 2016. "Self-employment and trade shock mitigation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 45-56, January.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2008. "Regional Integration and International Economic Geography in the Portuguese Case - an update," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/51, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan & Olfert, M. Rose & Tan, Ying, 2013. "International Trade and Local Labor Markets: Are Foreign and Domestic Shocks Created Differently?," MPRA Paper 53407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCES; economic; research; micro; data; microdata; chief; economist;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-05-29 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cen:wpaper:03-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dawn Anderson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.