Globalization and Migration: A “Unified Brain Drain” Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elise Brezis & Paul Krugman, 1996. "Immigration, investment, and real wages," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 9(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Heaton, Christopher & Throsby, David, 1998. "Benefit-Cost Analysis of Foreign Student Flows from Developing Countries: The Case of Postgraduate Education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 117-126, April.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2012.
"Globalization, Brain Drain, and Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(3), pages 681-730, September.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2011. "Globalization, Brain Drain and Development," CID Working Papers 219, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Frédéric DOCQUIER & Hillel RAPOPORT, 2011. "Globalization, brain drain and development," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2011. "Globalization, Brain Drain and Development," Working Papers 2011-18, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2011. "Globalization, brain drain and development," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1108, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2011. "Globalization, Brain Drain and Development," IZA Discussion Papers 5590, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dominique M. Gross & Nicolas Schmitt, 2003. "The Role of Cultural Clustering in Attracting New Immigrants," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 295-318.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2004.
"Public Education in an Integrated Europe: Studying to Migrate and Teaching to Stay?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1369, CESifo Group Munich.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2006. "Public Education in an Integrated Europe: Studying to Migrate and Teaching to Stay?," IZA Discussion Papers 2478, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2005. "Public education in an integrated Europe: Studying to migrate and teaching to stay?," ZEI Working Papers B 03-2005, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Donata Bessey, 2012. "International student migration to Germany," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 345-361, February.
- Bénassy, Jean-Pascal & Brezis, Elise S., 2013.
"Brain drain and development traps,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 15-22.
- Jean-Pascal Bénassy & Elise S. Brézis, 2012. "Brain Drain and Development Traps," Working Papers 2012-03, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Pascal Bénassy & Elise S. Brezis, 2013. "Brain drain and development traps," Post-Print halshs-01118567, HAL.
- Jean-Pascal Bénassy & Elise S. Brezis, 2013. "Brain drain and development traps," Post-Print halshs-00846515, HAL.
- Docquier, Frédéric, 2006. "Brain Drain and Inequality Across Nations," IZA Discussion Papers 2440, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBrain drain; Globalization; Higher education; Human capital; Migration; Mobility; Bologna process;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-12-22 (Education)
- NEP-INT-2012-12-22 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAB-2012-12-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-12-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:biu:wpaper:2012-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debaril.html .