Globalization and Inflation: The Role of China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos De Resende, 2007. "Cross-Country Estimates of the Degree of Fiscal Dominance and Central Bank Independence," Staff Working Papers 07-36, Bank of Canada.
- Louis Morel, 2007. "The Direct Effect of China on Canadian Consumer Prices: An Empirical Assessment," Discussion Papers 07-10, Bank of Canada.
- Charles T Carlstrom & Timothy S Fuerst, 2009. "Central Bank Independence And Inflation: A Note," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(1), pages 182-186, January.
- Bomfim, Antulio N & Rudebusch, Glenn D, 2000.
"Opportunistic and Deliberate Disinflation under Imperfect Credibility,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 707-721, November.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & Antulio N. Bomfim, 1997. "Opportunistic and deliberate disinflation under imperfect credibility," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 97-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 1997.
- Antulio N. Bomfim & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1998. "Opportunistic and deliberate disinflation under imperfect credibility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-01, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), revised 1998.
- Graydon Paulin, 2006. "Credibility with Flexibility: The Evolution of Inflation-Targeting Regimes, 1990–2006," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2006(Summer), pages 5-18.
- Luke B Willard & Tarhan Feyzioglu, 2006. "Does Inflation in China Affect the United States and Japan?," IMF Working Papers 06/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "Hypothesis Testing with Efficient Method of Moments Estimation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 777-787, October.
- Jaime R. Marquez & Deborah J. Lindner & Steven B. Kamin & Jane E. Ihrig, 2007. "Some simple tests of the globalization and inflation hypothesis," International Finance Discussion Papers 891, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2007.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Andrew Filardo, 2007. "Globalisation and inflation: New cross-country evidence on the global determinants of domestic inflation," BIS Working Papers 227, Bank for International Settlements.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Wilcox, David W, 2002.
"The Opportunistic Approach to Disinflation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 47-71, Spring.
- Athanasios Orphanides & David W. Wilcox, "undated". "The Opportunistic Approach to Disinflation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- David W. Wilcox & Athanasios Orphanides, 1996. "The opportunistic approach to disinflation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), revised 1996.
- Steven B. Kamin & Mario Marazzi & John W. Schindler, 2006. "The Impact of Chinese Exports on Global Import Prices," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 179-201, May.
- Laurence M. Ball, 2006. "Has Globalization Changed Inflation?," NBER Working Papers 12687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Warren E. Weber & George T. McCandless, 1995. "Some monetary facts," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue sum, pages 2-11.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dreger, Christian & Zhang, Yanqun, 2017. "The Hukou Impact on the Chinese Wage Structure," IZA Discussion Papers 10720, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Christian Dreger & Malte Rieth & David Pothier, 2015. "Is Globalization Reducing the Ability of Central Banks to Control Inflation? In-Depth Analysis," DIW Berlin: Politikberatung kompakt, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, volume 106, number pbk106.
- Eickmeier, Sandra & KÃ¼hnlenz, Markus, 2018. "China'S Role In Global Inflation Dynamics," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 225-254, March.
- Martin T. Bohl & David G. Mayes & Pierre L. Siklos, 2011.
"The Quality Of Monetary Policy And Inflation Performance: Globalization And Its Aftermath,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(s1), pages 617-645, June.
- Bohl, Martin & Mayes, David G. & Siklos, Pierre L., 2009. "The quality of monetary policy and inflation performance: globalization and its aftermath," Research Discussion Papers 31/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Alpaslan AKÇORAOĞLU, 2012. "Yeni Açık Ekonomi Makroiktisat Teorisi ve Para Politikasının Uluslararası Boyutları," Ekonomik Yaklasim, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association, vol. 23(85), pages 57-82.
- Georgios Magkonis & Simon Rudkin, 2019. "Does Trilemma Speak Chinese?," Working Papers in Economics & Finance 2019-01, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Business School, Economics and Finance Subject Group.
More about this item
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2008-10-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CNA-2008-10-07 (China)
- NEP-MAC-2008-10-07 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2008-10-07 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:08-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.