Big is Fragile: An Attempt at Theorizing Scale
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, September.
- N. N. Taleb & R. Douady, 2013.
"Mathematical definition, mapping, and detection of (anti)fragility,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(11), pages 1677-1689, November.
- Nassim N. Taleb & Raphael Douady, 2012. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)Fragility," Papers 1208.1189, arXiv.org.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb & Raphaël Douady, 2014. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)Fragility," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14093, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- N. N. Taleb & Raphaël Douady, 2013. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)fragility," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01052645, HAL.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb & Raphaël Douady, 2014. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)Fragility," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01151340, HAL.
- Ansar, Atif & Flyvbjerg, Bent & Budzier, Alexander & Lunn, Daniel, 2014.
"Should we build more large dams? The actual costs of hydropower megaproject development,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 43-56.
- Atif Ansar & Bent Flyvbjerg & Alexander Budzier & Daniel Lunn, 2014. "Should we build more large dams? The actual costs of hydropower megaproject development," Papers 1409.0002, arXiv.org.
- Carliss Y. Baldwin & Kim B. Clark, 2000. "Design Rules, Volume 1: The Power of Modularity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262024667, September.
- Davis, E. Philip, 1995. "Debt, Financial Fragility, and Systemic Risk," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233312.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2009.
"Survival of the unfittest: why the worst infrastructure gets built--and what we can do about it,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 344-367, Autumn.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Survival of the Unfittest: Why the Worst Infrastructure Gets Built, And What We Can Do about It," Papers 1303.6571, arXiv.org.
- Manuela Mosca, 2008. "On the origins of the concept of natural monopoly: Economies of scale and competition," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 317-353.
- Crompton, Paul & Lesourd, Jean-Baptiste, 2008. "Economies of scale in global iron-making," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 74-82, June.
- Christian Schmieder & Tidiane Kinda & Nassim N. Taleb & Elena Loukoianova & Elie Canetti, 2012. "A New Heuristic Measure of Fragility and Tail Risks; Application to Stress Testing," IMF Working Papers 12/216, International Monetary Fund.
- Foreman, R Dean & Beauvais, Edward, 1999. "Scale Economies in Cellular Telephony: Size Matters," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-306, November.
- Lambrecht, Bart M., 2004. "The timing and terms of mergers motivated by economies of scale," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 41-62, April.
- Cavallo, Laura & Rossi, Stefania P. S., 2001. "Scale and scope economies in the European banking systems," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4-5), pages 515-531, December.
- Silberston, Aubrey, 1972. "Economies of Scale in Theory and Practice," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 369-391, Supplemen.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HPE-2016-03-23 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2016-03-23 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1603.01416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.