Should we build more large dams? The actual costs of hydropower megaproject development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Atif Ansar & Bent Flyvbjerg & Alexander Budzier & Daniel Lunn, 2014. "Should we build more large dams? The actual costs of hydropower megaproject development," Papers 1409.0002, arXiv.org.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Kahneman & Dan Lovallo, 1993. "Timid Choices and Bold Forecasts: A Cognitive Perspective on Risk Taking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(1), pages 17-31, January.
- Recchia, Anthony, 2010. "R-Squared Measures for Two-Level Hierarchical Linear Models Using SAS," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 32(c02).
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2009.
"Survival of the unfittest: why the worst infrastructure gets built--and what we can do about it,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 344-367, Autumn.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Survival of the Unfittest: Why the Worst Infrastructure Gets Built, And What We Can Do about It," Papers 1303.6571, arXiv.org.
- Bacon, Robert W & Besant-Jones, John E, 1998. "Estimating construction costs and schedules: Experience with power generation projects in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 317-333, March.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Bulan, L.C., 2011. "Behind an ambitious megaproject in Asia: The history and implications of the Bakun hydroelectric dam in Borneo," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4842-4859, September.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1990. "Cleaning Up Third World Debt without Getting Taken to the Cleaners," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 31-42, Winter.
- Maynard M. Hufschmidt & Jacques Gerin, 1970. "Systematic Errors in Cost Estimates for Public Investment Projects," NBER Chapters,in: The Analysis of Public Output, pages 267-315 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Mold, 2012. "Will It All End In Tears? Infrastructure Spending And African Development In Historical Perspective," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 237-254, March.
More about this item
KeywordsLarge hydropower dams; Schedule and cost estimates; Cost–benefit forecasting; Reference class forecasting; Outside view;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:69:y:2014:i:c:p:43-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.