Power plants as megaprojects: Using empirics to shape policy, planning, and construction management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Van de Graaf, Thijs & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2014. "Thinking big: Politics, progress, and security in the management of Asian and European energy megaprojects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 16-27.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Gilbert, Alex & Nugent, Daniel, 2014. "Risk, innovation, electricity infrastructure and construction cost overruns: Testing six hypotheses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 906-917.
- Levitt, Andrew C. & Kempton, Willett & Smith, Aaron P. & Musial, Walt & Firestone, Jeremy, 2011. "Pricing offshore wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6408-6421, October.
- Kessides, Ioannis N., 2012. "The future of the nuclear industry reconsidered: Risks, uncertainties, and continued promise," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 185-208.
- Bert van Wee, 2007. "Large infrastructure projects: a review of the quality of demand forecasts and cost estimations," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(4), pages 611-625, July.
- Kessides, Ioannis N., 2010. "Nuclear power: Understanding the economic risks and uncertainties," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 3849-3864, August.
- Locatelli, Giorgio & Boarin, Sara & Pellegrino, Francesco & Ricotti, Marco E., 2015. "Load following with Small Modular Reactors (SMR): A real options analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 41-54.
- Cabrera, María & Suárez-Alemán, Ancor & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2015. "Public-private partnerships in Spanish Ports: Current status and future prospects," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-11.
- Locatelli, Giorgio & Palerma, Emanuele & Mancini, Mauro, 2015. "Assessing the economics of large Energy Storage Plants with an optimisation methodology," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 15-28.
- Christian Koch, 2012. "Contested overruns and performance of offshore wind power plants," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 609-622, April.
- Ansar, Atif & Flyvbjerg, Bent & Budzier, Alexander & Lunn, Daniel, 2014.
"Should we build more large dams? The actual costs of hydropower megaproject development,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 43-56.
- Atif Ansar & Bent Flyvbjerg & Alexander Budzier & Daniel Lunn, 2014. "Should we build more large dams? The actual costs of hydropower megaproject development," Papers 1409.0002, arXiv.org.
- Bert van Wee, 2007. "Large Infrastructure Projects: A Review of the Quality of Demand Forecasts and Cost Estimations," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 34(4), pages 611-625, August.
- Gemson, Josephine & Gautami, K.V. & Thillai Rajan, A., 2012. "Impact of private equity investments in infrastructure projects," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 59-65.
- Kessides, Ioannis N., 2012. "The future of the Nuclear industry reconsidered : risks, uncertainties, and continued potential," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6112, The World Bank.
- Maïzi, Nadia & Assoumou, Edi, 2014. "Future prospects for nuclear power in France," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 849-859.
- Giorgio Locatelli & Mauro Mancini, 2012. "Looking back to see the future: building nuclear power plants in Europe," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 623-637, April.
- D. Finon & F. Roques, 2008.
"Financing Arrangements and Industrial Organisation for New Nuclear Build in Electricity Markets,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 9(3), pages 247-282, September.
- Finon, D. & Roques, F., 2008. "Financing arrangements and industrial organisation for new nuclear build in electricity markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0850, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Fernando Diaz Orueta & Susan S. Fainstein, 2008. "The New Mega-Projects: Genesis and Impacts," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 759-767, December.
- de la Hoz, Jordi & Martín, Helena & Ballart, Jordi & Monjo, Lluis, 2014. "Evaluating the approach to reduce the overrun cost of grid connected PV systems for the Spanish electricity sector: Performance analysis of the period 2010–2012," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 159-173.
- M. De Jong & J. A. Annema & G. P. Van Wee, 2013. "How to Build Major Transport Infrastructure Projects within Budget, in Time and with the Expected Output; a Literature Review," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 195-218, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio Locatelli, 2018. "Why are Megaprojects, Including Nuclear Power Plants, Delivered Overbudget and Late? Reasons and Remedies," Papers 1802.07312, arXiv.org.
- Locatelli, Giorgio & Invernizzi, Diletta Colette & Brookes, Naomi J., 2017. "Project characteristics and performance in Europe: An empirical analysis for large transport infrastructure projects," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 108-122.
- Greco, Marco & Locatelli, Giorgio & Lisi, Stefano, 2017. "Open innovation in the power & energy sector: Bringing together government policies, companies’ interests, and academic essence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 316-324.
More about this item
KeywordsMegaprojects; Power plant economics; Capital intensive; Project management; Construction management; Budget; Schedule;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:36:y:2015:i:c:p:57-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.