Estoque De Capital Fixo No Brasil, 1950-2002
This paper estimates the stock of fixed capital for Brazil, 1950-2002 by the perpetual inventory method. Estimates are disaggregated according to the type of capital (construction and machines and equipments), institutional sector (government and private). Main source of data are the series on gross investment 1947-2002 produced by IBGE/Contas Nacionais and historical estimates for 1901-1946. Government investment for states and municipalities 1901-1946 are estimated. Results show that Brazilian capital-output ratio come close to 3 in recent years. Both in historical perspective and when compared to other countries in Latin America and elsewhere these value of estimates are reasonable. Brazilian depreciation rates are close to 12% of GDP in the last decade. The composition of the capital stock show Construction and in particular Residence as the main components of the capital stock.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 55 21 2709 7154
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Tiradentes, 17 - Ingá Niterói, RJ 24210-510 Brazil|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karl Whelan, 2000. "A guide to the use of chain aggregated NIPA data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mas, Matilde & Perez, Francisco & Uriel, Ezequiel, 2000. "Estimation of the Stock of Capital in Spain," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(1), pages 103-16, March.
- Tengblad, Ake & Westerlund, Nana, 1976. "Capital Stock and Capital Consumption Estimates by Industries in the Swedish National Accounts," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 22(4), pages 331-44, December.
- Triplett, Jack E, 1996. "Depreciation in Production Analysis and in Income and Wealth Accounts: Resolution of an Old Debate," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 93-115, January.
- Allan Young & John C. Musgrave, 1980. "Estimation of Capital Stock in the United States," NBER Chapters, in: The Measurement of Capital, pages 23-82 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2004:042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hugo E. A. da Gama Cerqueira)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.