Exploring Nonlinearities in Financial Systemic Risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Acharya, Viral V., 2009.
"A theory of systemic risk and design of prudential bank regulation,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 224-255, September.
- Acharya, Viral, 2009. "A Theory of Systemic Risk and Design of Prudential Bank Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 7164, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Jones, 1992. "Estimating densities, quantiles, quantile densities and density quantiles," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 44(4), pages 721-727, December.
- Francis, Bill B. & Mougoué, Mbodja & Panchenko, Valentyn, 2010. "Is there a symmetric nonlinear causal relationship between large and small firms?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diks, Cees & Panchenko, Valentyn, 2006.
"A new statistic and practical guidelines for nonparametric Granger causality testing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1647-1669.
- Diks, C.G.H. & Panchenko, V., 2004. "A new statistic and practical guidelines for nonparametric Granger causality testing," CeNDEF Working Papers 04-11, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2009. "Deciphering the Liquidity and Credit Crunch 2007-2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- Hiemstra, Craig & Jones, Jonathan D, 1994. "Testing for Linear and Nonlinear Granger Causality in the Stock Price-Volume Relation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1639-1664, December.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Matteo Chinazzi & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2013. "Systemic Risk, Contagion, and Financial Networks: A Survey," LEM Papers Series 2013/08, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Peter Hall & Michael C. Minnotte, 2002. "High order data sharpening for density estimation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(1), pages 141-157, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liow, Kim Hiang & Huang, Yuting, 2018. "The dynamics of volatility connectedness in international real estate investment trusts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 195-210.
- Nick, Sebastian, 2013. "Price Formation and Intertemporal Arbitrage within a Low-Liquidity Framework: Empirical Evidence from European Natural Gas Markets," EWI Working Papers 2013-14, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Kim Hiang LIOW & Jeongseop SONG, 2019. "Market Integration Among the US and Asian Real Estate Investment Trusts in Crisis Times," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 22(4), pages 463-512.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2012.
"The electricity consumption versus economic growth of the Polish economy,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 500-510.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Lukasz, 2011. "The electricity consumption versus economic growth of the Polish economy," MPRA Paper 35785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2012. "The electricity consumption versus economic growth of the Polish economy," MPRA Paper 52233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Civitarese, Jamil, 2016. "Volatility and correlation-based systemic risk measures in the US market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 459(C), pages 55-67.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Martinopoulos, Georgios & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2013.
"Energy consumption and economic growth: Parametric and non-parametric causality testing for the case of Greece,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 686-697.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Martinopoulos, Georgios & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2011. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth: Parametric and Non-Parametric Causality Testing for the Case of Greece," MPRA Paper 51120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Nov 2011.
- Theologos Dergiades & Georgios Martinopoulos & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2011. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth:Parametric and Non-Parametric Causality Testing for the Case of Greece," Discussion Paper Series 2011_16, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2011.
- Guoxiang Xu & Wangfeng Gao, 2019. "Financial Risk Contagion in Stock Markets: Causality and Measurement Aspects," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(5), pages 1-20, March.
- Sebastian Nick, 2016. "The Informational Efficiency of European Natural Gas Hubs: Price Formation and Intertemporal Arbitrage," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Cees Diks & Marcin Wolski, 2016.
"Nonlinear Granger Causality: Guidelines for Multivariate Analysis,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 1333-1351, November.
- Diks, C.G.H. & Wolski, M., 2013. "Nonlinear Granger Causality: Guidelines for Multivariate Analysis," CeNDEF Working Papers 13-15, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Kanda, Patrick & Burke, Michael & Gupta, Rangan, 2018.
"Time-varying causality between equity and currency returns in the United Kingdom: Evidence from over two centuries of data,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 506(C), pages 1060-1080.
- Patrick Kanda & Michael Burke & Rangan Gupta, 2017. "Time-Varying Causality between Equity and Currency Returns in the United Kingdom: Evidence from Over Two Centuries of Data," Working Papers 201778, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Wolski, Marcin, 2018. "Sovereign risk and corporate cost of borrowing: Evidence from a counterfactual study," EIB Working Papers 2018/05, European Investment Bank (EIB).
- Douglas de Medeiros Franco, 2022. "Expectations, Economic Uncertainty, and Sentiment," RAC - Revista de Administração Contemporânea (Journal of Contemporary Administration), ANPAD - Associação Nacional de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa em Administração, vol. 26(5), pages 210029-2100.
- Bai, Zhidong & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhang, Bingzhi, 2010. "Multivariate linear and nonlinear causality tests," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 5-17.
- Xu Xiaojie, 2018. "Linear and Nonlinear Causality between Corn Cash and Futures Prices," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-16, November.
- Angeliki Papana & Catherine Kyrtsou & Dimitris Kugiumtzis & Cees Diks, 2016. "Detecting Causality in Non-stationary Time Series Using Partial Symbolic Transfer Entropy: Evidence in Financial Data," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 47(3), pages 341-365, March.
- Maria Pempetzoglou, 2014. "Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth: A Linear and Nonlinear Causality Investigation for Turkey," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 263-273.
- Bekiros, Stelios D., 2014.
"Exchange rates and fundamentals: Co-movement, long-run relationships and short-run dynamics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 117-134.
- Stelios Bekiros, 2011. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals: Co-Movement, Long-Run Relationships and Short-run Dynamics," Economics Working Papers ECO2011/21, European University Institute.
- Ren, Weijie & Li, Baisong & Han, Min, 2020. "A novel Granger causality method based on HSIC-Lasso for revealing nonlinear relationship between multivariate time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 541(C).
- Ari, Ibrahim & Akkas, Erhan & Asutay, Mehmet & Koç, Muammer, 2019. "Public and private investment in the hydrocarbon-based rentier economies: A case study for the GCC countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 165-175.
- Xiaojuan He & Dervis Kirikkaleli & Melike Torun & Zecheng Li, 2021. "Modeling Economic Risk in the QISMUT Countries: Evidence From Nonlinear Cointegration Tests," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(4), pages 21582440211, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ams:ndfwpp:13-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cnuvanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Cees C.G. Diks (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cnuvanl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.