Price asymmetries in the European gasoline market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2003.
"Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 175-190, March.
- M. Galeotti & A. Lanza & M. Manera, 2001. "Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets," Working Paper CRENoS 200112, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo, 2014.
"Forecasting the oil–gasoline price relationship: Do asymmetries help?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(S1), pages 44-56.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Working Papers 2014.21, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the oil-gasoline price relationship: should we care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Working Papers 269, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
- Andrea BASTIANIN & Marzio GALEOTTI & Matteo MANERA, 2015. "Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Departmental Working Papers 2015-23, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care About the Rockets and the Feathers?," IEFE Working Papers 62, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Szymon Wlazlowski & Monica Giulietti & Jane Binner & Costas Milas, 2008. "Smooth Transition Models in Price Transmission," Working Paper series 04_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Francisco Silva & Maria Batista & Nelson Elias, 2013. "Fuel price transmission mechanisms in Portugal," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 72-75, January.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav & Lunackova, Petra, 2015.
"Rockets and feathers meet Joseph: Reinvestigating the oil–gasoline asymmetry on the international markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-8.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Petra Lunackova, 2014. "Rockets and feathers meet Joseph: Reinvestigating the oil-gasoline asymmetry on the international markets," Papers 1407.5466, arXiv.org.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Petra Lunackova, 2015. "Rockets and Feathers Meet Joseph: Reinvestigating the Oil-gasoline Asymmetry on the International Markets," Working Papers IES 2015/02, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2015.
- Wlazlowski, Szymon & Giulietti, Monica & Binner, Jane & Milas, Costas, 2009. "Price dynamics in European petroleum markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 99-108, January.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Polemis, Michael L. & Fotis, Panagiotis N., 2013. "Do gasoline prices respond asymmetrically in the euro zone area? Evidence from cointegrated panel data analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 425-433.
- Bermingham, Colin & O’ Brien, Derry, 2010. "Testing for Asymmetric Pricing Behaviour in Irish and UK Petrol and Diesel Markets," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/10, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Karagiannis, Stelios & Panagopoulos, Yannis & Vlamis, Prodromos, 2015. "Are unleaded gasoline and diesel price adjustments symmetric? A comparison of the four largest EU retail fuel markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 281-291.
- José Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2005. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 679-690, November.
- Taylor, John B., 2000. "Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1389-1408, June.
- Meyler, Aidan, 2009. "The pass through of oil prices into euro area consumer liquid fuel prices in an environment of high and volatile oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 867-881, November.
- Andrew Eckert, 2013. "Empirical Studies Of Gasoline Retailing: A Guide To The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 140-166, February.
- Delatte, Anne-Laure & López-Villavicencio, Antonia, 2012.
"Asymmetric exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from major countries,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 833-844.
- Anne-Laure Delatte & Antonia Lòpez-Villavicencio, 2012. "Asymmetric exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from major countries," Post-Print hal-00779761, HAL.
- Michael Polemis, 2012. "Competition and price asymmetries in the Greek oil sector: an empirical analysis on gasoline market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 789-817, October.
- Venditti, Fabrizio, 2013. "From oil to consumer energy prices: How much asymmetry along the way?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 468-473.
- Sam Peltzman, 2000.
"Prices Rise Faster than They Fall,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 466-502, June.
- Sam Peltzman, 1998. "Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 142, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Asane-Otoo, Emmanuel & Schneider, Jan, 2015. "Retail fuel price adjustment in Germany: A threshold cointegration approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-10.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Laskowski, Cheryl, 2005. "Causes for an asymmetric relation between the price of crude oil and refined petroleum products," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1587-1596, August.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Contín-Pilart, Ignacio & Correljé, Aad F. & Blanca Palacios, M., 2009. "Competition, regulation, and pricing behaviour in the Spanish retail gasoline market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 219-228, January.
- Bettendorf, Leon & van der Geest, Stephanie A. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2003. "Price asymmetry in the Dutch retail gasoline market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 669-689, November.
- Grasso, Margherita & Manera, Matteo, 2007.
"Asymmetric error correction models for the oil-gasoline price relationship,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 156-177, January.
- Matteo Manera & Margherita Grasso, 2005. "Asymmetric Error Correction Models for the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship," Working Papers 2005.75, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Athanasios Athanasenas & Constantinos Katrakilidis & Emmanouil Trachanas, 2014. "Government spending and revenues in the Greek economy: evidence from nonlinear cointegration," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 365-376, May.
- Michael L Polemis & Panagiotis N Fotis, 2015. "Rent seeking oligopolistic behaviour in European gasoline markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 827-833.
- Bacon, Robert W., 1991. "Rockets and feathers: the asymmetric speed of adjustment of UK retail gasoline prices to cost changes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 211-218, July.
- Olivier Lamotte & Thomas Porcher & Christophe Schalck & Stephan Silvestre, 2013. "Asymmetric gasoline price responses in France," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 457-461, March.
- Svetlana Fedoseeva & Laura M. Werner, 2016. "How linear is pricing-to-market? Empirical assessment of hysteresis and asymmetry of PTM," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 1065-1090, May.
- Warmedinger, Thomas, 2004. "Import prices and pricing-to-market effects in the euro area," Working Paper Series 299, European Central Bank.
- Afshin Honarvar, 2009. "Theoretical explanations for asymmetric relationships between gasoline and crude oil prices with focus on the US market," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 33(3-4), pages 205-224, September.
- Antonio Angelo Romano & Giuseppe Scandurra, 2012. "Price asymmetries and volatility in the Italian gasoline market," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 36(2), pages 215-229, June.
- Atil, Ahmed & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014.
"Asymmetric and nonlinear pass-through of crude oil prices to gasoline and natural gas prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 567-573.
- Ahmed Atil & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Asymmetric and nonlinear pass-through of crude oil prices to gasoline and natural gas prices," Post-Print halshs-01022598, HAL.
- Katrakilidis, Constantinos & Trachanas, Emmanouil, 2012. "What drives housing price dynamics in Greece: New evidence from asymmetric ARDL cointegration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1064-1069.
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric cointegration; asymmetric price adjustment; pass-through; gasoline price; European gasoline market; signaling.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2016-05-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-05-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2016-05-08 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-REG-2016-05-08 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ais:wpaper:1602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto Bagnai). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asimmea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.