Non-Convergence in Domestic Commodity Futures Markets: Causes, Consequences, and Remedies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Frank & P. Garcia, 2009.
"Time-varying risk premium: further evidence in agricultural futures markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 715-725.
- Frank, Julieta & Garcia, Philip, 2005. "Time-Varying Risk Premium or Informational Inefficiency? Further Evidence in Agricultural Futures Markets," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19051, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Bahattin Buyuksahin & Jeffrey H. Harris, 2011. "Do Speculators Drive Crude Oil Futures Prices?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 167-202.
- Hartzmark, Michael L, 1987. "Returns to Individual Traders of Futures: Aggregate Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1292-1306, December.
- Pirrong, Craig, 2001. "Manipulation of Cash-Settled Futures Contracts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(2), pages 221-244, April.
- Hartzmark, Michael L, 1991. "Luck versus Forecast Ability: Determinants of Trader Performance in Futures Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 49-74, January.
- Chang, Eric C, 1985. " Returns to Speculators and the Theory of Normal Backwardation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 193-208, March.
- Peck, Anne E. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 1991. "Deliveries on Chicago Board of Trade Wheat, Corn, and Soybean Futures Contracts, 1964/65-1988/89," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 02.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Domenica Tropeano, 2016. "Hedging, arbitrage and the financialization of commodities markets," Working Papers 82-2016, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Sep 2016.
- Bekkerman, Anton & Brester, Gary W. & Taylor, Mykel, 2016. "Forecasting a Moving Target: The Roles of Quality and Timing for Determining Northern U.S. Wheat Basis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(1), January.
- Adjemian, Michael & Brorsen, B. Wade & Hahn, William & Saitone, Tina L. & Sexton, Richard J., 2016. "Thinning Markets in U.S. Agriculture," Economic Information Bulletin 232928, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Kevin Guo & Tim Leung, 2016. "Understanding the Non-Convergence of Agricultural Futures via Stochastic Storage Costs and Timing Options," Papers 1610.09403, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2017.
- Adjemian, Michael K. & Marshall, Kandice K. & Hubbs, Todd & Penn, Jerrod, 2016. "Decomposing Local Prices into Hedgeable and Unhedgeable Shocks," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235874, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Adjemian, Michael K. & Janzen, Joseph & Carter, Colin A. & Smith, Aaron, 2014. "Deconstructing Wheat Price Spikes: A Model of Supply and Demand, Financial Speculation, and Commodity Price Comovement," Economic Research Report 167369, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
More about this item
Keywordscommodity futures; index funds; grains; non-convergence; price discovery; risk management; speculation; storage; Crop Production/Industries; Farm Management; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersib:155381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .