Indonesia's Modern Retail Food Sector: Interaction With Changing Food Consumption and Trade Patterns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Regmi, Anita & Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2008. "Convergence in Global Food Demand and Delivery," Economic Research Report 56449, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sharad Tandon & Andrea E. Woolverton & Maurice R. Landes, 2011. "Analyzing modern food retailing expansion drivers in developing countries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 327-343, June.
- Larry Digal & Glory Dee Romo & Thomas Reardon, 2009.
"The Transformation of Food Retail in the Philippines,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(2), pages 51-84, December.
- Romo, Glory Dee & Digal, Larry & Reardon, Thomas, 2. "The Transformation of Food Retail in the Philippines," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(2).
- Chowdhury, Shyamal & Gulati, Ashok & Gumbira-Sa'id, E., 2005. "High value products, supermarkets and vertical arrangements in Indonesia," MTID discussion papers 83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Daniel Suryadarma & Adri Poesoro & Sri Budiyati & Akhmadi & Meuthia Rosfadhila, 2007. "Impact of Supermarkets on Traditional Markets and Retailers in Indonesia's Urban Centers," Development Economics Working Papers 22548, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:unt:jnapdj:v:24:y:2017:i:1:p:117-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Minot & Randy Stringer & Wendy J. Umberger & Wahida Maghraby, 2015.
"Urban Shopping Patterns in Indonesia and Their Implications for Small Farmers,"
Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 375-388, December.
- Minot, Nicholas & Stringer, Randy & Umberger, Wendy J. & Wahida, 2015. "Urban shopping patterns in Indonesia and their implications for small farmers," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212464, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alim Setiawan Slamet & Akira Nakayasu & Masahiro Ichikawa, 2017. "Small-Scale Vegetable Farmers’ Participation in Modern Retail Market Channels in Indonesia: The Determinants of and Effects on Their Income," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-16, February.
- Wendy J. Umberger & Xiaobo He & Nicholas Minot & Hery Toiba, 2015.
"Examining the Relationship between the Use of Supermarkets and Over-nutrition in Indonesia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(2), pages 510-525.
- Umberger, Wendy J. & He, Xiaobo & Minot, Nicholas & Toiba, Hery, 2014. "Examining the Relationship between the Use of Supermarkets and Over-nutrition in Indonesia," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 177168, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Briggs, Adam & Chowdhury, Shyamal, 2014.
"Economic Development, Food Demand and the Consequences for Agricultural Resource Requirements (Indonesia),"
2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Maquarie, Australia
165808, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Briggs, Adam & Chowdhury, Shyamal, 2015. "Economic Development, Food Demand and the Consequences for Agricultural Resource Requirements (Indonesia)," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211538, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsIndonesia; Indonesian retail food sector; Indonesian food demand; supply chain; trade barriers; supermarkets; Agribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Development; International Relations/Trade; Marketing;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-08-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-SEA-2012-08-23 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersib:127495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.