Underwriting Area-based Yield Insurance to Crowd- in Credit Supply Demand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2812, The World Bank.
- Jerry R. Skees & Panos Varangis & Donald F. Larson & Paul Siegel, 2002. "Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-23, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thomas O. Knight & Keith H. Coble, 1997. "Survey of U.S. Multiple Peril Crop Insurance Literature Since 1980," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 128-156.
- Barry J. Barnett, 2000. "The U.S. Federal Crop Insurance Program," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 48(4), pages 539-551, December.
- Jerry R. Skees & J. Roy Black & Barry J. Barnett, 1997. "Designing and Rating an Area Yield Crop Insurance Contract," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 430-438.
- Keith H. Coble, 2004. "The joint effect of government crop insurance and loan programmes on the demand for futures hedging," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 309-330, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Agali Alhassane & Seydou Traoré, 2014.
"Weather Index Drought Insurance: An Ex Ante Evaluation for Millet Growers in Niger,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 57(4), pages 527-551, April.
- Leblois, Antoine & Quirion, Philippe & Alhassane, Agali & Traore, Seydou, 2011. "Weather index drought insurance: an ex ante evaluation for millet growers in Niger," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120378, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "Weather-index drought insurance : an ex ante evaluation for millet growers in Niger," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866438, HAL.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "Weather-index drought insurance : an ex ante evaluation for millet growers in Niger," Working Papers hal-00866438, HAL.
- Chantarat, Sommarat & Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Turvey, Calum G., 2017.
"Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 119-138.
- Sommarat Chantarat & Andrew Mude & Christopher Barrett & Calum Turvey, 2016. "Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap," PIER Discussion Papers 24., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Apr 2016.
- Naranjo, María A. & Pieters, Janneke & Alpízar, Francisco, 2019. "Credit, insurance and farmers’ liability: Evidence from a lab in the field experiment with coffee farmers in Costa Rica," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 12-27.
- Farrin, Kathleen M. & Miranda, Mario J., 2013. "Premium Benefits? A Heterogeneous Agent Model of Credit-Linked Index Insurance and Farm Technology Adoption," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149666, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Petraud, Jean & Boucher, Stephen & Carter, Michael, 2015. "Competing theories of risk preferences and the demand for crop insurance: Experimental evidence from Peru," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211383, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jing Cai, 2016.
"The Impact of Insurance Provision on Household Production and Financial Decisions,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 44-88, May.
- Cai, Jing, 2013. "The Impact of Insurance Provision on Households’ Production and Financial Decisions," MPRA Paper 46864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2013.
"Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon,"
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2013. "Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon," CIRED Working Papers hal-00796528, HAL.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2014. "Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon," Post-Print halshs-00967313, HAL.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & De Bock, Ombeline & Gelade, Wouter, 2017. "The Demand for Microinsurance: A Literature Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 139-156.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Financial Economics; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ucdavw:190918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daucdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.