On The Number Of Bidders And Auction Performance: When More Means Less
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bruno Larue & Mohamed Jeddy & Sébastien Pouliot, 2013. "On the Number of Bidders and Auction Performance: when More Means Less," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2013-4, CREATE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Katzman, Brett, 1999. "A Two Stage Sequential Auction with Multi-Unit Demands," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 77-99, May.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521551847, April.
- John M. Crespi & Richard J. Sexton, 2004. "Bidding for Cattle in the Texas Panhandle," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 660-674.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:429-436 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Kittsteiner & Jörg Nikutta & Eyal Winter, 2004. "Declining valuations in sequential auctions," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 33(1), pages 89-106, January.
- Gale, Ian L. & Stegeman, Mark, 2001. "Sequential Auctions of Endogenously Valued Objects," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 74-103, July.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721, April.
- Sébastien Pouliot & Bruno Larue, 2012.
"Import sensitive products and perverse tariff-rate quota liberalization,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(3), pages 903-924, August.
- Pouliot, Sebastien & Larue, Bruno, 2012. "Import Sensitive Products and Perverse Tariff-Rate Quota Liberalization," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34570, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mohamed Jeddy & Bruno Larue & Jean-philippe Gervais, 2010. "Allocations and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions under Complete Information with Symmetric Bidders," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 429-436.
- Krishna, Kala, 1993.
"Auctions with Endogenous Valuations: The Persistence of Monopoly Revisited,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 147-160, March.
- Krishna, K., 1990. "Auctions with Endogenous Valuations: The Persistence of Monopoly Revisited," Papers 472, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Menu Auctions, Resource Allocation, and Economic Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 1-31.
- Menicucci Domenico, 2009. "Competition May Reduce the Revenue in a First Price Auction with Affiliated Private Values," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Jean-Philippe Gervais & Stephen Devadoss, 2006. "Estimating bargaining strengths of Canadian chicken producers and processors using a bilateral monopoly framework," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 159-173.
- Murray Fulton & Yongmei Tang, 1999. "Testing the Competitiveness of a Multistage Food Marketing System: The Canadian Chicken Industry," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(3), pages 225-250, November.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Lambert, Remy, 2010. "The Simple Economics of Hog Marketing Reforms in Quebec," Working Papers 102014, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
- Wedad Elmaghraby, 2005. "The Effect of Asymmetric Bidder Size on an Auction's Performance: Are More Bidders Always Better?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(12), pages 1763-1776, December.
- Joris Pinkse & Guofu Tan, 2005. "The Affiliation Effect in First-Price Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(1), pages 263-277, January.
More about this item
KeywordsInstitutional and Behavioral Economics; Livestock Production/Industries; Marketing;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:spaawp:156465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://servsas.fsaa.ulaval.ca/index.php?id=12482&L=1 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.