On the Number and Heterogeneity of Bidders in Livestock Auctions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Katzman, Brett, 1999. "A Two Stage Sequential Auction with Multi-Unit Demands," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 77-99, May.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721.
- Bruno Larue & Jean-Philippe Gervais & Harvey E. Lapan, 2004. "Low-Price Low-Capacity Traps and Government Intervention in the Québec Hog Market," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 52(3), pages 237-256, November.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 2002. "Prices and the Winner's Curse," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- John M. Crespi & Richard J. Sexton, 2004. "Bidding for Cattle in the Texas Panhandle," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 660-674.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:429-436 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gale, Ian L. & Stegeman, Mark, 2001. "Sequential Auctions of Endogenously Valued Objects," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 74-103, July.
- Rodriguez Gustavo E, 2009. "Sequential Auctions with Multi-Unit Demands," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Sébastien Pouliot & Bruno Larue, 2012.
"Import sensitive products and perverse tariff-rate quota liberalization,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(3), pages 903-924, August.
- Pouliot, Sebastien & Larue, Bruno, 2012. "Import Sensitive Products and Perverse Tariff-Rate Quota Liberalization," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34570, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mohamed Jeddy & Bruno Larue, 2012. "Multiplicity of Equilibria in Multi-Unit Demand Sequential Auctions under Complete Information," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 456-465.
- Mohamed Jeddy & Bruno Larue & Jean-philippe Gervais, 2010. "Allocations and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions under Complete Information with Symmetric Bidders," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 429-436.
- Ausubel Lawrence M & Milgrom Paul R, 2002. "Ascending Auctions with Package Bidding," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-44, August.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Menu Auctions, Resource Allocation, and Economic Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 1-31.
- Menicucci Domenico, 2009. "Competition May Reduce the Revenue in a First Price Auction with Affiliated Private Values," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Jean-Philippe Gervais & Stephen Devadoss, 2006. "Estimating bargaining strengths of Canadian chicken producers and processors using a bilateral monopoly framework," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 159-173.
- Kala Krishna & Torben Tranæ s, 2002. "Allocating multiple units," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(4), pages 733-750.
- Murray Fulton & Yongmei Tang, 1999. "Testing the Competitiveness of a Multistage Food Marketing System: The Canadian Chicken Industry," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(3), pages 225-250, November.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Lambert, Remy, 2010. "The Simple Economics of Hog Marketing Reforms in Quebec," Working Papers 102014, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
- Wedad Elmaghraby, 2005. "The Effect of Asymmetric Bidder Size on an Auction's Performance: Are More Bidders Always Better?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(12), pages 1763-1776, December.
- Joris Pinkse & Guofu Tan, 2005. "The Affiliation Effect in First-Price Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(1), pages 263-277, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:canjag:v:64:y:2016:i:2:p:289-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caefmea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.