The “Made in USA poultry label” and consumer choice in Ghana
Market survey data from Ghana was used to gain understanding of consumers’ attitudes, preferences for foreign food products, and the role product country of origin plays in the demand for poultry. Intention to purchase poultry from the US was anchored on product packaging, quality, expiry date and country of origin.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Umberger, Wendy J., 2003. "Estimating Consumer Willingness to Pay for Country-of-Origin Labeling," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), August.
- Chike Okechuku & Vincent Onyemah, 1999. "Nigerian Consumer Attitudes Toward Foreign and Domestic Products," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(3), pages 611-622, September.
- Verbeke, Wim & Roosen, Jutta, 2009. "Market Differentiation Potential of Country-of-origin, Quality and Traceability Labeling," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(1).
- Klaus G. Grunert, 2005. "Food quality and safety: consumer perception and demand," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 369-391, September.
- Wendy J. Umberger & Dillon M. Feuz & Chris R. Calkins & Karen Killinger-Mann, 2002. "U.S. consumer preference and willingness-to-pay for domestic corn-fed beef versus international grass-fed beef measured through an experimental auction," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 491-504.
- John G Knight & David K Holdsworth & Damien W Mather, 2007. "Country-of-origin and choice of food imports: an in-depth study of European distribution channel gatekeepers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 107-125, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.