Does Sanitary and Phytosanitary regulation stringency affect developing countries exports? Evidence from Chilean fruit exports
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 2002.
"On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 281-316, April.
- Evenett, S. J. & Keller, W., 1994. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," Working papers 9713, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 1996. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," International Trade 9608001, EconWPA, revised 15 Jul 1998.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 1998. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," NBER Working Papers 6529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Manuel Agosin Trumper, 2007.
"The Emergence Of New Successful Export Activities In Latin America: The Case Of Chile,"
wp236, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Manuel Agosin & Claudio Bravo-Ortega, 2009. "The Emergence of New Successful Export Activities in Latin America: The Case of Chile," Research Department Publications 3265, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Manuel R. Agosin & Claudio Bravo Ortega, 2009. "The Emergence of New Successful Export Activities in Latin America: The Case of Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3716, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Tsunehiro Otsuki & John S. Wilson, 2001. "What price precaution? European harmonisation of aflatoxin regulations and African groundnut exports," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 263-284, October.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Lionel Fontagné & Mondher Mimouni, 2008. "The Impact of Regulations on Agricultural Trade: Evidence from the SPS and TBT Agreements," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 336-350.
- Lionel Fontagné & Mondher Mimouni & Jean-Michel Pasteels, 2005. "Estimating the Impact of Environmental SPS and TBT on International Trade," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00270511, HAL.
- Henk Kox & Arjan Lejour, 2005. "Regulatory heterogeneity as obstacle for international services trade," CPB Discussion Paper 49, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Florence Jacquet & Emmanuelle Chevassus Lozza, 2008.
"Tariffs and other trade costs: assessing obstacles to Mediterranean countries' access to EU-15 fruit and vegetable markets,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 409-438.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Florence Jacquet & Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza, 2008. "Tariffs and other trade costs: assessing obstacles to Mediterranean countries'access to EU-15 fruit and vegetable markets," Post-Print hal-01172893, HAL.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 495-514, October.
- Disdier, Anne-Celia & Fontagne, Lionel & Mimouni, Mondher, 2008. "AJAE Appendix: The Impact of Regulations on Agricultural Trade: Evidence from the SPS and TBT Agreements," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), May.
- Babool, Md. Ashfaqul Islam & Reed, Michael R., 2007. "Food Safety Standards and Export Competitiveness in the Food and Processed Food Industries in Asia-Pacific Countries," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9399, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2009. "Impact of Food Safety Standards on Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 154, Asian Development Bank.
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2009. "The impact of food safety standards on processed food exports from developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 447-457, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boza, Sofía, 2013. "Assessing the impact of sanitary, phytosanitary and technical requirements on food and agricultural trade: what does current research tell us?," Papers 926, World Trade Institute.
- José Manuel Álvarez Zárate (Editor), 2016. "¿ Hacia Donde Va América Latina Respecto Al Derecho Económico Internacional?," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Derecho, number 860.
More about this item
KeywordsSanitary and Phytosanitary regulations; standards; non tariff barriers; gravity model; fruit trade; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Relations/Trade;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2012-07-08 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae12:125298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.