Transgenic technology adoption and on-farm varietal diversity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smale, Melinda, 1997. "The Green Revolution and wheat genetic diversity: Some unfounded assumptions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1257-1269, August.
- Jeffrey Hyde & Marshall A. Martin & Paul V. Preckel & C. Richard Edwards, 1999. "The Economics of Bt Corn: Valuing Protection from the European Corn Borer," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 442-454.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Ragnar Tveterås, 2003. "Risk Preferences, Production Risk and Firm Heterogeneity," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(2), pages 275-293, June.
- Thirtle, Colin & Beyers, Lindie & Ismael, Yousouf & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003. "Can GM-Technologies Help the Poor? The Impact of Bt Cotton in Makhathini Flats, KwaZulu-Natal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 717-732, April.
- Batie, Sandra S. & Ervin, David E., 2001. "Transgenic crops and the environment: missing markets and public roles," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 435-457, October.
- Latha Nagarajan & Melinda Smale & Paul Glewwe, 2007. "Determinants of millet diversity at the household‐farm and village‐community levels in the drylands of India: the role of local seed systems," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 157-167, March.
- Benjamin Crost & Bhavani Shankar & Richard Bennett & Stephen Morse, 2007. "Bias from Farmer Self-Selection in Genetically Modified Crop Productivity Estimates: Evidence from Indian Data," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 24-36, February.
- Matin Qaim & Arjunan Subramanian & Gopal Naik & David Zilberman, 2006. "Adoption of Bt Cotton and Impact Variability: Insights from India," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 48-58.
- Koundouri, Phoebe & Nauges, Celine, 2005. "On Production Function Estimation with Selectivity and Risk Considerations," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1-12, December.
- Melinda Smale & Jason Hartell & Paul W. Heisey & Ben Senauer, 1998. "The Contribution of Genetic Resources and Diversity to Wheat Production in the Punjab of Pakistan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 482-493.
- Matin Qaim, 2005. "Agricultural Biotechnology Adoption in Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1317-1324.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Charles Perrings, 2003. "Crop Genetic Diversity, Productivity and Stability of Agroecosystems. A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(2), pages 207-216, May.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Jean‐Paul Chavas & Melinda Smale, 2007. "Farmer management of production risk on degraded lands: the role of wheat variety diversity in the Tigray region, Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 147-156, March.
- Just, Richard E. & Pope, Rulon D., 1978. "Stochastic specification of production functions and economic implications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 67-86, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae09:51750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.