Production Risk Revisited In A Stochastic Frontier Framework: Evaluating Noise And Inefficiency In Cover Crop Systems
This paper investigates both risk and technical inefficiency in a general stochastic frontier framework that is consistent with the Just-Pope framework. After applying the model to two separate cash crop-cover crop systems, the more general stochastic frontier model is found to reorder the noisiness of alternative cover crop regimes.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chambers, R.G. & Quiggin, J., 1995.
"Separation and Hedging Results with State-Contingent Production,"
293, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Chambers, Robert G & Quiggin, John, 1997. "Separation and Hedging Results with State-Contingent Production," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(254), pages 187-209, May.
- Robert G. Chambers & John Quiggin, 2001.
"Decomposing Input Adjustments under Price and Production Uncertainty,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 20-34.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John, 2000. "Decomposing Input Adjustments Under Price and Production Uncertainty," Working Papers 197863, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul & Warren E. Johnston & Gerald A. G. Frengley, 2000. "Efficiency in New Zealand Sheep and Beef Farming: The Impacts of Regulatory Reform," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 325-337, May.
- G. Battese & A. Rambaldi & G. Wan, 1997.
"A Stochastic Frontier Production Function with Flexible Risk Properties,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 269-280, August.
- Battese, George E. & Rambaldi, A. N. & Wan, G. H., 1995. "A Stochastic Frontier Production Function with Flexible Risk Properties," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148840, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Stijn Reinhard & C.A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 1999. "Econometric Estimation of Technical and Environmental Efficiency: An Application to Dutch Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 44-60.
- Giesler, G. Grant & Paxton, Kenneth W. & Millhollon, E.P., 1993. "A Gsd Estimation Of The Relative Worth Of Cover Crops In Cotton Production Systems," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Robert G. Chambers & John Quiggin, 1998.
"Cost Functions and Duality for Stochastic Technologies,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 288-295.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John, 1997. "Cost Functions and Duality for Stochastic Technologies," Working Papers 197844, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ahmad, Munir & Boris E., Bravo-Ureta, 1996. "Technical efficiency measures for dairy farms using panel data: a comparison of alternative model specifications," MPRA Paper 37703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Just, Richard E. & Pope, Rulon D., 1978. "Stochastic specification of production functions and economic implications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 67-86, February.
- Melinda Smale & Jason Hartell & Paul W. Heisey & Ben Senauer, 1998. "The Contribution of Genetic Resources and Diversity to Wheat Production in the Punjab of Pakistan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 482-493.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John, 1996. "Non-point-source pollution regulation as a multi-task principal-agent problem," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 95-116, January.
- Quiggin, John & Chambers, Robert G., 1998. "A state-contingent production approach to principal-agent problems with an application to point-source pollution control," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 441-472, December.
- Quiggin, John & Chambers, Robert G, 1998. "Risk Premiums and Benefit Measures for Generalized-Expected-Utility Theories," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 121-37, November.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Fare, Rolf & Jaenicke, Edward & Lichtenberg, Erik, 1998. "Using dominance in forming bounds on DEA models: The case of experimental agricultural data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 189-203, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.