The analysis of irreversibility, uncertainty and dynamic technical inefficiency on the investment decision in Spanish olive sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Childs, Robin A. & Milligan, Robert A. & White, Gerald B. & Stiles, Warren C., 1983. "A Dynamic Programming Approach to Apple Orchard Replacement," Research Bulletins 184092, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2006. "Inference in dynamic stochastic frontier models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 669-676.
- Wilson, Paul & Hadley, David & Asby, Carol, 2001.
"The influence of management characteristics on the technical efficiency of wheat farmers in eastern England,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 24(3), March.
- Wilson, Paul & Hadley, David & Asby, Carol, 2001. "The influence of management characteristics on the technical efficiency of wheat farmers in eastern England," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 329-338, March.
- Hester, Susan M. & Cacho, Oscar, 2003. "Modelling apple orchard systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 137-154, August.
- Price, T. Jeffrey & Wetzstein, Michael E., 1999. "Irreversible Investment Decisions In Perennial Crops With Yield And Price Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(01), July.
- Jeffrey I. Bernstein & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 1982.
"Financing and Investment in Plant and Equipment and Research and Development,"
NBER Working Papers
1017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey I. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 1982. "Financing and Investment in Plant and Equipment and Research and Development," Working Papers 82-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ho-chuan Huang, 2004. "Estimation of Technical Inefficiencies with Heterogeneous Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 277-296, May.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Seung Ahn & Robin Sickles, 2000. "Estimation of long-run inefficiency levels: a dynamic frontier approach," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 461-492.
- Ahn, Seung C. & Schmidt, Peter, 1995. "Efficient estimation of models for dynamic panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 5-27, July.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pieralli, Simone & Hüttel, Silke & Odening, Martin, 2013.
"A model of firm exit under inefficiency and uncertainty,"
Structural Change in Agriculture/Strukturwandel im Agrarsektor (SiAg) Working Papers
155700, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Simone Pieralli & Silke Hüttel & Martin Odening, 2013. "A model of firm exit under inefficiency and uncertainty," EcoMod2013 5236, EcoMod.
- Pieralli, Simone & Hüttel, Silke & Odening, Martin, 2014. "Abandonment of milk production under uncertainty and inefficiency: The case of West German farms," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170236, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsOlive; dynamic efficiency; real option; Production Economics; Q12;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae09:51397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.