Adjustment and unobserved heterogeneity in dynamic stochastic frontier models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Seung Ahn & Young Lee & Peter Schmidt, 2007. "Stochastic frontier models with multiple time-varying individual effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1991. "Estimation of technical inefficiency in panel data models with firm- and time-specific effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 43-48, May.
- Florian Heiss, 2008. "Sequential numerical integration in nonlinear state space models for microeconometric panel data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 373-389.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2006. "Inference in dynamic stochastic frontier models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 669-676.
- Rungsuriyawiboon, Supawat & Stefanou, Spiro E., 2007.
"Dynamic Efficiency Estimation: An Application to U.S. Electric Utilities,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 226-238, April.
- Supawat Rungsuriyawiboon & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2003. "Dynamic Efficiency Estimation: An Application to US Electric Utilities," CEPA Working Papers Series WP052003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Seung Ahn & Robin Sickles, 2000. "Estimation of long-run inefficiency levels: a dynamic frontier approach," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 461-492.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Monier-Dilhan, Sylvette & Simioni, Michel, 1995. "Stochastic production frontiers and panel data: A latent variable framework," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 534-547, February.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahmatallah Poudineh & Grigorios Emvalomatis & Tooraj Jamasb, 2014. "Dynamic Efficiency and Incentive Regulation: An Application to Electricity Distribution Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1422, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:55-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:2:p:161-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galán, Jorge E. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2014. "Inefficiency persistence and heterogeneity in Colombian electricity utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 31-44.
- Wiper, Michael Peter & Lopes Moreira Da Veiga, María Helena & Galán Camacho, Jorge Eduardo, 2013. "Bayesian analysis of dynamic effects in inefficiency : evidence from the Colombian banking sector," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws131918, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Jorge E. Galán & Michael G. Pollitt, 2014. "Inefficiency persistence and heterogeneity in Colombian electricity distribution utilities," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1423, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Belotti, Federico & Ilardi, Giuseppe, 2018.
"Consistent inference in fixed-effects stochastic frontier models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 161-177.
- Federico Belotti & Giuseppe Ilardi, 2017. "Consistent inference in fixed-effects stochastic frontier models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1147, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Galán, Jorge E. & Veiga, Helena & Wiper, Michael P., 2015. "Dynamic effects in inefficiency: Evidence from the Colombian banking sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 562-571.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:45:y:2018:i:1:p:3-25. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic stochastic frontier; Autocorrelated inefficiency; Panel data; Adjustment costs; D24; D21; C23;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:37:y:2012:i:1:p:7-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.