Measuring productivity and efficiency: a Kalman filter approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yunmi Kim & Chang‐Jin Kim, 2011. "Dealing with endogeneity in a time‐varying parameter model: joint estimation and two‐step estimation procedures," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 487-497, October.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2006. "Inference in dynamic stochastic frontier models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 669-676.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2008.
"On the estimation of returns to scale, technical progress and monopolistic markups,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 174-193, July.
- Kevin J. Fox & W. Erwin Diewert, 2004. "On the Estimation of Returns to Scale, Technical Progress and Monopolistic Markups," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 310, Econometric Society.
- Evangelia Desli & Subhash Ray & Subal Kumbhakar, 2003.
"A dynamic stochastic frontier production model with time-varying efficiency,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 623-626.
- Evangelia Desli & Subhash C. Ray & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2002. "A Dynamic Stochastic Frontier Production Model with Time-Varying Efficiency," Working papers 2003-15, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Park, Byeong U. & Sickles, Robin C. & Simar, Leopold, 2003.
"Semiparametric-efficient estimation of AR(1) panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 279-309, December.
- Byeong Park & Robin C. Sickles & Leopold Simar, 2000. "Semiparametric Efficient Estimation of AR(1) Panel Data Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1510, Econometric Society.
- Park, B.U. & Sickles, R.C. & Simar, L., 2000. "Semiparametric Efficient Estimation of AR(1) Panel Data Models," Papers 0020, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Grigorios Emvalomatis & Spiro E. Stefanou & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2010. "A Reduced-Form Model for Dynamic Efficiency Measurement: Application to Dairy Farms in Germany and The Netherlands," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 161-174.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Kim, Chang-Jin & Nelson, Charles R., 2006. "Estimation of a forward-looking monetary policy rule: A time-varying parameter model using ex post data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 1949-1966, November.
- Kneip, Alois & Sickles, Robin C. & Song, Wonho, 2012. "A New Panel Data Treatment For Heterogeneity In Time Trends," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(03), pages 590-628, June.
- Park, Byeong U. & Sickles, Robin C. & Simar, Leopold, 2007.
"Semiparametric efficient estimation of dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 281-301, January.
- Byeong U. Park & Robin C Sickles & Léopold Simar, 2002. "Semi parametric efficient estimation of dynamic panel data models," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 C6-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Good, David & Johnson, Richard L., 1986. "Allocative distortions and the regulatory transition of the U.S. airline industry," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 143-163.
- Galán, Jorge E. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2014. "Inefficiency persistence and heterogeneity in Colombian electricity utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 31-44.
- R. Färe & S. Grosskopf & R. C. Sickles, 2007. "Productivity? of US Airlines After Deregulation," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(1), pages 93-112, January.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1997. "Modeling allocative inefficiency in a translog cost function and cost share equations: An exact relationship," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 351-356.
- Ahn, Seung C. & Lee, Young H. & Schmidt, Peter, 2013.
"Panel data models with multiple time-varying individual effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 1-14.
- Seung C. Ahn & Young H. Lee & Peter Schmidt, 2007. "Panel Data Models with Multiple Time-Varying Individual Effects," Working Papers 0702, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2010. "Battese-coelli estimator with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 79-81, November.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2013. "Misspecification in allocative inefficiency: A simulation study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 151-154.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Chen, Ying-Hsiu, 2009. "A study on long-run inefficiency levels of a panel dynamic cost frontier under the framework of forward-looking rational expectations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 842-849, May.
- Jorge E. Galán & Michael G. Pollitt, 2014. "Inefficiency persistence and heterogeneity in Colombian electricity distribution utilities," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1423, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Severin Borenstein, 2011. "On the Persistent Financial Losses of U.S. Airlines: A Preliminary Exploration," NBER Working Papers 16744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2012. "Estimation of market power in the presence of firm level inefficiencies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 141-155.
- Seung Ahn & Robin Sickles, 2000. "Estimation of long-run inefficiency levels: a dynamic frontier approach," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 461-492.
- Kim, Chang-Jin, 2006. "Time-varying parameter models with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 21-26, April.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1989. "Modelling stochastic and cyclical components of technical change : An application of the Kalman filter," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 363-383, July.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Sickles, Robin C., 2005. "Panel estimators and the identification of firm-specific efficiency levels in parametric, semiparametric and nonparametric settings," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 305-334, June.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, April.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2012. "US banking efficiency, 1984–1995," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 53-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1251-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kutlu, Levent, 2017. "A constrained state space approach for estimating firm efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 54-56.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:152-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:155-157 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsKalman filter; Panel data; Airline productivity;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- R49 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:46:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s11123-016-0477-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.