A constrained state space approach for estimating firm efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feng, Qu & Horrace, William C., 2012. "Estimating technical efficiency in micro panels," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 730-733.
- Yunmi Kim & Chang‐Jin Kim, 2011. "Dealing with endogeneity in a time‐varying parameter model: joint estimation and two‐step estimation procedures," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 487-497, October.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2006. "Inference in dynamic stochastic frontier models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 669-676.
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 2000. "Inconsistency of the Bootstrap when a Parameter Is on the Boundary of the Parameter Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 399-406, March.
- Evangelia Desli & Subhash Ray & Subal Kumbhakar, 2003.
"A dynamic stochastic frontier production model with time-varying efficiency,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 623-626.
- Evangelia Desli & Subhash C. Ray & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2002. "A Dynamic Stochastic Frontier Production Model with Time-Varying Efficiency," Working papers 2003-15, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Allen N. Berger & Timothy H. Hannan, 1998.
"The Efficiency Cost Of Market Power In The Banking Industry: A Test Of The "Quiet Life" And Related Hypotheses,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(3), pages 454-465, August.
- Allen Berger & Timothy Hannan, 1994. "The Efficiency Cost of Market Power in the Banking Industry: A Test of the 'Quiet Life' and Related Hypotheses," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Timothy H. Hannan, 1994. "The efficiency cost of market power in the banking industry: a test of the "quiet life" and related hypotheses," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "GMM estimation of stochastic frontier model with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 233-236.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "A zero inefficiency stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 66-76.
- Kneip, Alois & Sickles, Robin C. & Song, Wonho, 2012. "A New Panel Data Treatment For Heterogeneity In Time Trends," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(03), pages 590-628, June.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2010. "Battese-coelli estimator with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 79-81, November.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Qu Feng & William C. Horrace, 2012.
"Alternative technical efficiency measures: Skew, bias and scale,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 253-268, March.
- Qu Feng & William C. Horrace, 2010. "Alternative Technical Efficiency Measures: Skew, Bias, and Scale," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 121, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2012. "Estimation of market power in the presence of firm level inefficiencies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 141-155.
- Seung Ahn & Robin Sickles, 2000. "Estimation of long-run inefficiency levels: a dynamic frontier approach," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 461-492.
- Meryem Duygun & Levent Kutlu & Robin C. Sickles, 2016. "Measuring productivity and efficiency: a Kalman filter approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 155-167, December.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, May.
- Parmeter, Christopher F. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2014. "Efficiency Analysis: A Primer on Recent Advances," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 7(3-4), pages 191-385, December.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2012. "US banking efficiency, 1984–1995," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 53-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:49:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11123-018-0527-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:152-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:155-157 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsKalman filter; Panel data; Stochastic frontier;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:54-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.