A dynamic stochastic frontier production model with time-varying efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Evangelia Desli & Subhash C. Ray & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2002. "A Dynamic Stochastic Frontier Production Model with Time-Varying Efficiency," Working papers 2003-15, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Cooley, Thomas F & Prescott, Edward C, 1973. "An Adaptive Regression Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 364-371, June.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1987. "The specification of technical and allocative inefficiency in stochastic production and profit frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 335-348, March.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabrina Auci & Laura Castellucci & Manuela Coromaldi, 2013. "Does cutting back the public sector improve efficiency? Some evidence from 15 European countries," CEIS Research Paper 274, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 Apr 2013.
- A. Peyrache & A. N. Rambaldi, 2017. "Incorporating temporal and country heterogeneity in growth accounting—an application to EU-KLEMS," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 143-166, April.
- Duygun, Meryem & Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2014. "Measuring Productivity and Efficiency: A Kalman," Working Papers 15-010, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Sauer, Johannes & Graversen, Jesper T. & Park, Timothy A., 2006. "Breathtaking or Stagnating? - Productivity, Technical Change and Structural Dynamics in Danish Organic Farming," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21481, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Meryem Duygun & Levent Kutlu & Robin C. Sickles, 2016. "Measuring productivity and efficiency: a Kalman filter approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 155-167, December.
- Weaver, Robert D. & Curtiss, Jarmila & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2005. "Technical Efficiency Effects of Technological Change: Another Perspective on GM Crops," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24528, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:263:y:2017:i:3:p:1078-1094 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mundula, Luigi & Auci, Sabrina, 2013. "Smart Cities and a Stochastic Frontier Analysis: A Comparison among European Cities," MPRA Paper 51586, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Peyrache & A. N. Rambaldi, 2012. "A State-Space Stochastic Frontier Panel Data Model," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Shaik, Saleem & Allen, Albert J. & Myles, Albert E. & Yeboah, Osei-Agyeman, 2008. "Importance of Financial Variables on Efficiency of Class I Railroads in the United States," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6874, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- David I. Stern, 2004. "Diffusion of Emissions Abating Technology," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0420, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2017. "A constrained state space approach for estimating firm efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 54-56.
- Auci, Sabrina & Castelli, Annalisa, 2011. "Pollution and economic growth: a maximum likelihood estimation of environmental Kuznets curve," MPRA Paper 53441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:10:p:623-626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .