Modelling stochastic and cyclical components of technical change : An application of the Kalman filter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendry, David F. & Pagan, Adrian R. & Sargan, J.Denis, 1984. "Dynamic specification," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1023-1100 Elsevier.
- Nicholls, D F & Pagan, A R, 1983. "Heteroscedasticity in Models with Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1233-1242, July.
- Weiss, Andrew A., 1984. "Systematic sampling and temporal aggregation in time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-281, December.
- Hendry, David F & Mizon, Grayham E, 1978. "Serial Correlation as a Convenient Simplification, not a Nuisance: A Comment on a Study of the Demand for Money by the Bank of England," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 549-563, September.
- Moriguchi, C, 1970. "Aggregation over Time in Macroeconomic Relations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 427-440, October.
- Sargan, John Denis & Bhargava, Alok, 1983. "Testing Residuals from Least Squares Regression for Being Generated by the Gaussian Random Walk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 153-174, January.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Allais, Maurice, 1972. "Forgetfulness and Interest," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 40-73, Part I Fe.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 1991.
"Stochastic Trends and Economic Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 819-840, September.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1987. "Stochastic Trends and Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 2229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "Stochastic trends and economic fluctuations," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Evans, G B A & Savin, N E, 1984. "Testing for Unit Roots: 2," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1241-1269, September.
- Gould, John P & Nelson, Charles R, 1974. "The Stochastic Structure of the Velocity of Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 405-418, June.
- Hendry, David F, 1986. "Econometric Modelling with Cointegrated Variables: An Overview," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 201-212, August.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1986. "The national bureau method, International capital mobility, and other essays," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Banerjee, Anindya, et al, 1986. "Exploring Equilibrium Relationships in Econometrics through Static Models: Some Monte Carlo Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 253-277, August.
- Falk, Barry, 1986.
"Further Evidence on the Asymmetric Behavior of Economic Time Series over the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1096-1109, October.
- Falk, Barry L., 1986. "Further Evidence on the Asymmetric Behavior of Economic Time Series over the Business Cycle," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11097, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Evans, G B A & Savin, N E, 1981. "Testing for Unit Roots: 1," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 753-779, May.
- Neftci, Salih N, 1984. "Are Economic Time Series Asymmetric over the Business Cycle?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 307-328, April.
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- David F. Hendry & Neil R. Ericsson, 1985. "Assertion without empirical basis : an econometric appraisal of monetary trends in ... the United Kingdom, by Milton Friedman and Anna J. Schwartz," International Finance Discussion Papers 270, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alok Bhargava, 1986. "On the Theory of Testing for Unit Roots in Observed Time Series," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 369-384.
- Lucas, Robert E., 1977. "Understanding business cycles," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 7-29, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ksp:journ2:v:4:y:2017:i:3:p:308-319 is not listed on IDEAS
- Håvard Hungnes, 2011.
"A demand system for input factors when there are technological changes in production,"
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 581-600, May.
- Håvard Hungnes, 2008. "A Demand System for Input Factors when there are Technological Changes in Production," Discussion Papers 556, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Kenneth Daniels & Doğan Tirtiroğlu, 1998. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in U.S. Commercial Banking for 1935–1991: A Latent Variable Approach Using the Kalman Filter," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 119-135, April.
- Carraro, Carlo & Galeotti, Marzio & Gallo, Massimo, 1996. "Environmental taxation and unemployment: Some evidence on the 'double dividend hypothesis' in Europe," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 141-181, October.
- Duygun, Meryem & Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2014. "Measuring Productivity and Efficiency: A Kalman," Working Papers 15-010, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Baoline Chen & Peter Zadrozny, 2013.
"Further model-based estimates of US total manufacturing production capital and technology, 1949–2005,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 61-73, February.
- Baoline Chen & Peter A. Zadrozny, 2009. "Further Model-Based Estimates of U.S. Total Manufacturing Production Capital and Technology, 1949-2005," Working Papers 430, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Meryem Duygun & Levent Kutlu & Robin C. Sickles, 2016. "Measuring productivity and efficiency: a Kalman filter approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 155-167, December.
- Tirtiroglu, Dogan & Daniels, Kenneth N. & Tirtiroglu, Ercan, 1998. "Total Factor Productivity Growth and Regulation in U.S. Commercial Banking During 1946-1995: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 171-189, March.
- Stern, David I., 1997. "Limits to substitution and irreversibility in production and consumption: A neoclassical interpretation of ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 197-215, June.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Carraro, Carlo & Galeotti, Marzio, 2003. "Endogenous induced technical change and the costs of Kyoto," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-34, February.
- Kvamsdal, Sturla F., 2012. "Technological Change in Renewable Resource Industries: An Alternative Estimation Approach," Discussion Papers 2012/14, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Fernando Sanz, 2000. "A kalman filter-gravity equation approach to assess the trade impact of economic integration: The case of Spain, 1986–1992," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(1), pages 84-110, March.
- Martyn Duffy, 2006. "Tobacco consumption and policy in the United Kingdom," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1235-1257.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "The sensitivity of the South African industrial sector’s electricity consumption to electricity price fluctuations," Working Papers 201225, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Carlo Carraro & Enrica De Cian, 2009.
"Factor-Augmenting Technical Change: an Empirical Assessment,"
2009_29, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Enrica De Cian, 2009. "Factor-Augmenting Technical Change: An Empirical Assessment," Working Papers 2009.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Charles Perrings & David Stern, 2000. "Modelling Loss of Resilience in Agroecosystems: Rangelands in Botswana," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(2), pages 185-210, June.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Kevin Caves & Garth Frazer, 2015. "Identification Properties of Recent Production Function Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 83, pages 2411-2451, November.
- David I. Stern, 2004. "Diffusion of Emissions Abating Technology," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0420, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Inglesi-Lotz, R., 2011. "The evolution of price elasticity of electricity demand in South Africa: A Kalman filter application," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3690-3696, June.
- repec:ksp:journ5:v:4:y:2017:i:3:p:388-395 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Greenstreet, 2007. "Exploiting Sequential Learning to Estimate Establishment-Level Productivity Dynamics and Decision Rules," Economics Series Working Papers 345, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- THAMAE Retselisitsoe Isaiah & THAMAE Leboli Zachia & THAMAE Thimothy Molefi, 2015. "Dynamics Of Electricity Demand In Lesotho: A Kalman Filter Approach," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 10(1), pages 130-139, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:41:y:1989:i:3:p:363-383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .