Land Reform and Farm-Household Income Inequality: The Case of Georgia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 2002.
"Nonfarm Income, Inequality, and Land in Rural Egypt,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 339-363, January.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr, 1999. "Nonfarm income, inequality, and land in Rural Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2178, The World Bank.
- Lerman, Zvi*Csaki, Csaba*Feder, Gershon, 2002. "Land policies and evolving farm structures in transition countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2794, The World Bank.
- Paul, Satya, 2004. "Income sources effects on inequality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 435-451, February.
- Lerman, Zvi, 1998. "Does Land Reform Matter? Some Experiences from the Former Soviet Union," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 307-330.
- Frank Cowell & Carlo Fiorio, 2011.
"Inequality decompositions—a reconciliation,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 509-528, December.
- Frank A Cowell & Carlo V. Fiorio, 2009. "Inequality Decomposition - A Reconciliation," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 100, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Cowell, Frank & Fiorio, Carlo V., 2009. "Inequality decomposition: a reconciliation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25431, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A. Cowell & Carlo V. Fiorio, 2009. "Inequality Decompositions ?A Reconciliation," Working Papers 117, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Carlo Fiorio & Frank Cowell, 2009. "Inequality Decompositions - A Reconciliation," LIS Working papers 512, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Canagarajah, S. & Newman, C. & Bhattamishra, R., 2001. "Non-farm income, gender, and inequality: evidence from rural Ghana and Uganda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 405-420, August.
- Anthony F. Shorrocks, 1983. "The Impact of Income Components on the Distribution of Family Incomes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 311-326.
- Podder, Nripesh & Chatterjee, Srikanta, 2002. "Sharing the national cake in post reform New Zealand: income inequality trends in terms of income sources," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-27, October.
- Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Intersectoral Transfer, Growth, and Inequality in Rural Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 481-496, March.
- Lerman, Zvi, 2001. "Agriculture in transition economies: from common heritage to divergence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 95-114, November.
- El-Osta, Hisham S. & Bernat, G. Andrew & Ahearn, Mary C., 1995. "Regional Differences in the Contribution of Off-Farm Work to Income Inequality," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 1-14, April.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 2002.
"Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, With Evidence from Rural China,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 93-106, January.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 1998. "Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, with Evidence from Rural China," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1831, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Klaus Deininger, 2003. "Land Policies for Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15125.
- Chinn, Dennis L, 1979. "Rural Poverty and the Structure of Farm Household Income in Developing Countries: Evidence from Taiwan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 283-301, January.
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non-Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288.
- Leones, J P & Feldman, S, 1998. "Nonfarm Activity and Rural Household Income: Evidence from Philippine Microdata," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(4), pages 789-806, July.
- W. Neil Adger, 1999. "Exploring income inequality in rural, coastal Viet Nam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 96-119.
- Podder, Nripesh, 1993. "The Disaggregation of the Gini Coefficient by Factor Components and Its Applications to Australia," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(1), pages 51-61, March.
- John C. H. Fei & Gustav Ranis & Shirley W. Y. Kuo, 1978. "Growth and the Family Distribution of Income by Factor Components," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(1), pages 17-53.
- Lerman, Robert I & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Income Inequality Effects by Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 151-156, February.
- Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "How Much Inequality Can We Explain? A Methodology and an Application to the United States," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 421-430, March.
- El-Osta, Hisham S. & Bernat, G. Andrew, Jr. & Ahearn, Mary Clare, 1995. "Regional Differences In The Contribution Of Off-Farm Work To Income Inequality," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), April.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2004. "Accounting for income inequality in rural China: a regression-based approach," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 348-363, June.
- Zhu, Nong & Luo, Xubei, 2006. "Nonfarm activity and rural income inequality : a case study of two provinces in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3811, The World Bank.
- Graham Pyatt & Chau-nan Chen & John Fei, 1980. "The Distribution of Income by Factor Components," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 451-473.
- Kung, James K S & Lee, Yiu-fai, 2001. "So What If There Is Income Inequality? The Distributive Consequence of Nonfarm Employment in Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 19-46, October.
- Richard H. Adams, JR., 1993. "Non-farm Income and Inequality in Rural Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 1187-1198.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
More about this item
Keywordsincome inequality; land reform; inequality decomposition; Agricultural Finance; Consumer/Household Economics; Farm Management; Land Economics/Use;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-11-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-11-07 (Development)
- NEP-TRA-2009-11-07 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:huaedp:54159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/agrhuil.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.