Non-farm income, gender, and inequality: evidence from rural Ghana and Uganda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reardon, Thomas & Taylor, J. Edward, 1996. "Agroclimatic shock, income inequality, and poverty: Evidence from Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 901-914, May.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "Ecuador's rural nonfarm sector as a route out of poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1904, The World Bank.
- Belshaw, Deryke & Lawrence, Peter & Hubbard, Michael, 1999. "Agricultural Tradables and Economic Recovery in Uganda: The Limitations of Structural Adjustment in Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 673-690, April.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1996. "The relevance of standard estimates of rates of return to schooling for education policy: A critical assessment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 267-290, December.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Van den Broeck, Goedele & Swinnen, Johan & Maertens, Miet, 2017.
"Global value chains, large-scale farming, and poverty: Long-term effects in Senegal,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 97-107.
- Goedele Van den Broeck & Johan Swinnen & Miet Maertens, 2016. "Global Value Chains, Large-Scale Farming, and Poverty: Long-Term Effects in Senegal," LICOS Discussion Papers 38016, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Goedele Van den Broeck & Johan Swinnen & Miet Maertens, 2016. " Global value chains, large-scale farming, and poverty: long-term effects in Senegal," Working Papers Department of Economics 546809, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- VAN DEN BROECK, Goedele & SWINNEN, Johan & MAERTENS, Miet, 2016. "Global Value Chains, Large-Scale Farming, and Poverty: Long-Term Effects in Senegal," Working Papers 242366, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Stephan Klasen & Nathalie Scholl & Rahul Lahoti & Sophie Ochmann & Sebastian Vollmer, 2016. "Inequality – Worldwide Trends and Current Debates," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 209, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:94:y:2018:i:c:p:748-761 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:231-253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bahiigwa, Godfrey & Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Philip, 2005. "Right Target, Wrong Mechanism? Agricultural Modernization and Poverty Reduction in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 481-496, March.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:19:y:2016:i:c:p:92-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Owusu, Victor & Abdulai, Awudu & Abdul-Rahman, Seini, 2011. "Non-farm work and food security among farm households in Northern Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 108-118, April.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Sur, Mona, 2007.
"Sri Lanka's Rural Non-Farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-Poor Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2056-2078, December.
- Jin, Songqing & Deininger, Klaus W. & Sur, Mona, 2005. "Sri Lanka's Rural Non-farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-poor Growth," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19280, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nagler, Paula & Naudé, Wim, 2017. "Non-farm entrepreneurship in rural sub-Saharan Africa: New empirical evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 175-191.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:9:p:3171-:d:167850 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:113:y:2019:i:c:p:26-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dil Bahadur Rahut Chhetri & Pradyot Ranjan Jena & Akhter Ali & Bhagirath Behera & Nar Bahadur Chhetri, 2015. "Rural Nonfarm Employment, Income, and Inequality: Evidence from Bhutan," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 32(2), pages 65-94, September.
- Weiyong YANG, 2003. "Reforms, agricultural risks and agro-industrial diversification in rural China: Evidence from Chinese Provinces," Working Papers 200318, CERDI.
- repec:spr:chinre:v:12:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s12187-018-9539-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petrovici, D.A. & Gorton, M., 2005. "An evaluation of the importance of subsistence food production for assessments of poverty and policy targeting: Evidence from Romania," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 205-223, April.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2009. "Land Reform and Farm-Household Income Inequality: The Case of Georgia," Discussion Papers 54159, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T., 2012.
"Does the Nonfarm Economy Offer Pathways for Upward Mobility? Evidence from a Panel Data Study in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1634-1646.
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T., 2010. "Does the nonfarm economy offer pathways for upward mobility? Evidence from a panel data study in Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 35754, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:1:p:222-:d:194839 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agyeman, Bernard Archibald Senyo & Asuming-Brempong, Samuel & Onumah, Edward Ebo, 2014. "Determinants of Income Diversification of Farm Households in the Western Region of Ghana," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 53(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Olale, Edward & Nazli, Hina, 2010. "The Influence of Market Barriers and Farm Income Risk on Non-Farm Income Diversification," Annual Meeting, 2010, Denver Colorado, July 25-27 60915, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- Asfaw, Solomon & McCarthy, Nancy & Paolantonio, Adriana & Cavatassi, Romina & Amare, Mulubrhan & Lipper, Leslie, 2015. "Diversification, Climate Risk and Vulnerability to Poverty: Evidence from Rural Malawi," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 230216, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:37-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dassanayake, Wijaya & Luckert, Martin K. & Mohapatra, Sandeep, 2015. "Heterogeneity of household structures and income: Evidence from Zimbabwe and South Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 668-692.
- Paul Nkegbe & Abdelkrim Araar & Benjamin Abu & Yazidu Ustarz & Hamdiyah Alhassan & Edinam Dope Setsoafia & Shamsia Abdul-Wahab, 2018. "Rural Non-Farm Engagement and Agriculture Commercialization in Ghana: Complements or Competitors?," Working Papers PMMA 2018-07, PEP-PMMA.
- Nagler, Paula & Naude, Wim, 2014. "Non-farm enterprises in rural Africa : new empirical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7066, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:26:y:2001:i:4:p:405-420. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.