Climate Variability, Shocks and Non-farm Employment: Evidence from Rural Households in Northeast Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Jikun & Zhi, Huayong & Huang, Zhurong & Rozelle, Scott & Giles, John, 2011.
"The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Off-farm Employment and Earnings in Rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 797-807, May.
- Huang, Jikun & Zhi, Huayong & Huang, Zhurong & Rozelle, Scott & Giles, John, 2010. "The impact of the global financial crisis on off-farm employment and earnings in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5439, The World Bank.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Dehejia, Rajeev H. & Gatti, Roberta, 2006. "Child labor and agricultural shocks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 80-96, October.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Amare, Mulubrhan & Hohfeld, Lena & Jitsuchon, Somchai & Waibel, Hermann, 2012. "Rural–Urban Migration and Employment Quality: A Case Study from Thailand," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 309, Asian Development Bank.
- Fankhauser, Sam & Soare, Raluca, 2012. "Strategic adaptation to climate change in Europe," EIB Working Papers 2012/01, European Investment Bank (EIB).
- Smale, Melinda & Bellon, Mauricio R & Aguirre Gomez, Jose Alfonso, 2001. "Maize Diversity, Variety Attributes, and Farmers' Choices in Southeastern Guanajuato, Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 201-225, October.
- Alex Bowen & Sarah Cochrane & Samuel Fankhauser, 2012. "Climate change, adaptation and economic growth," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 95-106, July.
- Amare, Mulubrhan & Hohfeld, Lena & Jitsuchon, Somchai & Waibel, Hermann, 2012. "Rural–Urban Migration and Employment Quality: A Case Study From Thailand," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 29(1), pages 57-79.
- Davis, Benjamin & Winters, Paul & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Stamoulis, Kostas & Azzarri, Carlo & DiGiuseppe, Stefania, 2010. "A Cross-Country Comparison of Rural Income Generating Activities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Lanjouw, Jean O. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "The rural non-farm sector: issues and evidence from developing countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 1-23, October.
- Ward, Patrick S. & Shively, Gerald E., 2011. "Migration and Land Rental as Risk Response in Rural China," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103379, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Mahmud Yesuf & Gunnar Kohlin & Claudia Ringler, 2012. "Estimating the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture in Low-Income Countries: Household Level Evidence from the Nile Basin, Ethiopia," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 457-478, August.
- Peter Warr, 2011. "Thailand’s Development Strategy and Growth Performance," WIDER Working Paper Series 002, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; International Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-12-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2014-12-13 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2014-12-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2014-12-13 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gewi14:187571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gewisea.html .