An economic evaluation of the Cotton Yield Programme in Zambia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simtowe, Franklin & Kassie, Menale & Asfaw, Solomon & Shiferaw, Bekele A. & Monyo, Emmanuel & Siambi, Moses, 2012. "Welfare Effects of Agricultural Technology adoption: the case of improved groundnut varieties in rural Malawi," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126761, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2010.
"Microeconomics of Technology Adoption,"
Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 395-424, September.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2010. "Microeconomics of Technology Adoption," Working Papers 984, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Foster, Andrew D. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 2010. "Microeconomics of Technology Adoption," Center Discussion Papers 56760, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Foster, Andrew D. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 2010. "Microeconomics of Technology Adoption," Working Papers 78, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Judy L. Baker, 2000. "Evaluating the Impact of Development Projects on Poverty : A Handbook for Practitioners," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 13949, December.
- Mahabub HOSSAIN & Manik L. BOSE & Bazlul A. A. MUSTAFI, 2006. "Adoption And Productivity Impact Of Modern Rice Varieties In Bangladesh," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 149-166, June.
- Tschirley, David L. & Kabwe, Stephen, 2007. "Cotton in Zambia: 2007 Assessment of its Organization, Performance, Current Policy Initiatives, and Challenges for the Future," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54485, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- John L. Pender & John M. Kerr, 1998.
"Determinants of farmers' indigenous soil and water conservation investments in semi‐arid India,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), pages 113-125, September.
- Pender, John L. & Kerr, John M., 1998. "Determinants of farmers' indigenous soil and water conservation investments in semi-arid India," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 113-125, September.
- Maurice Ogada & Germano Mwabu & Diana Muchai, 2014. "Farm technology adoption in Kenya: a simultaneous estimation of inorganic fertilizer and improved maize variety adoption decisions," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Gayatri B. Koolwal & Hussain A. Samad, . "Handbook on Impact Evaluation : Quantitative Methods and Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2693, September.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Heckman, James J, 1979. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Lee, Myoung-jae, 2005. "Micro-Econometrics for Policy, Program and Treatment Effects," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199267699, November.
- Peterman, A., 2010. "A review of empirical evidence on gender differences in nonland agricultural inputs, technology, and services in developing countries," IWMI Working Papers H043605, International Water Management Institute.
- Doss, Cheryl R. & Morris, Michael L., 2001.
"How does gender affect the adoption of agricultural innovations?: The case of improved maize technology in Ghana,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 27-39, June.
- Morris, Michael L. & Doss, Cheryl R., 1999. "How Does Gender Affect The Adoption Of Agricultural Innovations? The Case Of Improved Maize Technology In Ghana," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21609, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ursula Aldana & Jeremy D. Foltz & Bradford L. Barham & Pilar Useche, 2010.
"Sequential Adoption of Package Technologies: The Dynamics of Stacked Trait Corn Adoption,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 130-143.
- Aldana, Ursula & Foltz, Jeremy D. & Barham, Bradford L. & Useche, Pilar, 2010. "The Sequential Adoption of Package Technologies: The Dynamics of Stacked Trait Corn Adoption," Staff Paper Series 556, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Aldana, Ursula & Foltz, Jeremy D. & Barham, Bradford L. & Useche, Pilar, 2010. "Sequential Adoption of Package Technologies: The Dynamics of Stacked Trait Corn Adoption," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61821, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2011. "Agricultural Technology, Crop Income, and Poverty Alleviation in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1784-1795.
- Ephraim Chirwa, 2005. "Adoption of fertiliser and hybrid seeds by smallholder maize farmers in Southern Malawi," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-12.
- Aldas JANAIAH & Mahabub HOSSAIN & Keijiro OTSUKA, 2006. "Productivity Impact Of The Modern Varieties Of Rice In India," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 190-207, June.
- Asfaw, Solomon & Shiferaw, Bekele A., 2010. "Agricultural Technology Adoption and Rural Poverty: Application of an Endogenous Switching Regression for Selected East African Countries," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97049, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fisher, Monica & Kandiwa, Vongai, 2014. "Can agricultural input subsidies reduce the gender gap in modern maize adoption? Evidence from Malawi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 101-111.
- Raju Ghimire & Wen-Chi Huang, 2016. "Adoption Pattern and Welfare Impact of Agricultural Technology," Journal of South Asian Development, , vol. 11(1), pages 113-137, April.
- Sinyolo, Sikhulumile, 2020. "Technology adoption and household food security among rural households in South Africa: The role of improved maize varieties," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Asaduzzaman, M. & Anik, Asif Reza, 2017. "Determinants of Adoption of Rice Yield Gap Minimisation Technology in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 40(1-2), pages 73-96, March-Jun.
- Jorge Leonardo Rueda Gil, 2017. "Cambio tecnológico y mejoras en el bienestar de los caficultores en Colombia: el caso de las variedades resistentes a la roya," Documentos CEDE 015665, Universidad de los Andes â€“ Facultad de Economía â€“ CEDE.
- Wubneshe Dessalegn Biru & Manfred Zeller & Tim K. Loos, 2020. "The Impact of Agricultural Technologies on Poverty and Vulnerability of Smallholders in Ethiopia: A Panel Data Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 147(2), pages 517-544, January.
- Miguel Palomino Bonilla & Rudy Wong Barrantes, 2011. "Housing Finance in Peru: What is Holding it Back?," Research Department Publications 4748, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Raju Ghimire & Wen-Chi Huang, 2015. "Household wealth and adoption of improved maize varieties in Nepal: a double-hurdle approach," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1321-1335, December.
- Ndiritu, S. Wagura & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele, 2014. "Are there systematic gender differences in the adoption of sustainable agricultural intensification practices? Evidence from Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 117-127.
- Verkaart, Simone & Munyua, Bernard G. & Mausch, Kai & Michler, Jeffrey D., 2017. "Welfare impacts of improved chickpea adoption: A pathway for rural development in Ethiopia?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 50-61.
- Bairagi, Subir & Bhandari, Humnath & Kumar Das, Subrata & Mohanty, Samarendu, 2021. "Flood-tolerant rice improves climate resilience, profitability, and household consumption in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Lambrecht, Isabel & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Maertens, Miet, 2014. "What is the sense of gender targeting in agricultural extension programs? Evidence from eastern DR Congo," Working Papers 167158, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Duong, Pham Bao & Thanh, Pham Tien, 2019. "Adoption and effects of modern rice varieties in Vietnam: Micro-econometric analysis of household surveys," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 282-292.
- Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Shiferaw, Bekele A. & Mmbando, Frank & De Groote, Hugo, 2012. "Improved Maize Technologies and Welfare Outcomes In Smallholder Systems: Evidence From Application of Parametric and Non-Parametric Approaches," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 128004, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Kumar, Anjani & Joshi, Pramod K. & D'souza, Alwin, 2016. "Impact of contracts in high yielding varieties seed production on profits and yield: The case of Nepal," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 110-121.
- Aslihan Arslan & Kristin Floress & Christine Lamanna & Leslie Lipper & Solomon Asfaw & Todd Rosenstock, 2020. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 63 - The adoption of improved agricultural technologies - A meta-analysis for Africa," IFAD Research Series 304758, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Jelliffe, Jeremy L. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Deom, C. Michael & Okello, David Kalule, 2016. "The Sustainability Of Project Outcomes From Farmer-Led Dissemination Of High-Yielding Groundnut Rosette Disease Resistant Groundnut Varieties," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246450, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Owusu-Sekyere, Enoch & Bibariwiah, Cindy & Owusu, Victor & Donkor, Emmanuel, 2021. "Farming under irrigation management transfer scheme and its impact on yield and net returns in Ghana," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C).
- Varma, Poornima, 2017. "Adoption of System of Rice Intensification and its Impact on Rice Yields and Household Income: An Analysis for India," IIMA Working Papers WP2017-02-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Yi Luo & Dong Huang & Haimin Miao & Laping Wu & Junfeng Zhu, 2022. "Impact of advanced storage facilities on households’ maize storage losses and food security in China," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 221-237, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-10-29 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cmpart:276440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.agriculturaleconomics.net .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.agriculturaleconomics.net .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.