On The Role Of The Brokerage Institution In The Development Of Ethiopian Agricultural Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rimal, Arbindra & Balasubramanian, Siva K. & Moon, Wanki, 2004. "Two-Stage Decision Model Of Soy Food Consumption Behavior," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20096, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 1999. "Relationships and traders in Madagascar," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 1-35.
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Pender, John & Yu, Bingxin, 2006.
"Development domains for Ethiopia: capturing the geographical context of smallholder development options,"
DSGD discussion papers
43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Pender, John & Yu, Bingxin, 2006. "Development domains for Ethiopia: capturing the geographical context of smallholder development options," EPTD discussion papers 159, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gunning, Jan Willem & Oostendorp, Remco, 2000. "Inventories and Risk in African Manufacturing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 861-893, October.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, December.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Minot, Nicholas, 2010. "Are Staple Food Markets in Africa Efficient? Spatial Price Analyses and Beyond," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 58562, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel*Gabre-Madhin, Eleni, 2001. "Agricultural markets in Benin and Malawi : the operation and performance of traders," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2734, The World Bank.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2002. "Returns to social network capital among traders," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 173-206, April.
- Mohammad Jabbar & Samuel Benin & Eleni Gabre-Madhin & Zeleka Paulos, 2008. "Market Institutions and Transaction Costs Influencing Trader Performance in Live Animal Marketing in Rural Ethiopian Markets," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(5), pages 747-764, November.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 2001. "Social Capital and Agricultural Trade," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 680-685.
- Angelo Melino, 1982. "Testing for Sample Selection Bias," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 151-153.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Kirsten, Johann, 2001. "The new institutional economics," MTID discussion papers 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pessoa, Andre S.M. & Jank, Marcos Sawaya, 2002. "Grain Markets: A South-American Perspective," Agricultural Outlook Forum 2002 33495, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Outlook Forum.
- Negassa, Asfaw & Jayne, Thomas S., 1997. "The Response of Ethiopian Grain Markets to Liberalization," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55595, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Takashi Yamagata & Chris Orme, 2005.
"On Testing Sample Selection Bias Under the Multicollinearity Problem,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 467-481.
- Yamagata. T., 2005. "On Testing Sample Selection Bias under the Multicollinearity Problem," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0522, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Madden, David, 2008.
"Sample selection versus two-part models revisited: The case of female smoking and drinking,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 300-307, March.
- David Madden, 2006. "Sample Selection Versus Two-Part Models Revisited: the Case of Female Smoking and Drinking," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Madden, David, 2006. "Sample Selection Versus Two-Part Models Revisited: The Case of Female Smoking and Drinking," Papers HRBWP23, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2006. "Sample selection versus two-part models revisited : the case of female smoking and drinking," Working Papers 200604, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Negassa, Asfaw & Myers, Robert J., 1998. "The Effect of Liberalization on Grain Prices and Marketing Margins in Ethiopia," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54681, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Dessalegn, Gebremeskel & Jayne, Thomas S. & Shaffer, James D., 1998. "Market Structure, Conduct, and Performance: Constraints of Performance of Ethiopian Grain Markets," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55597, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Osborne, Theresa, 2005. "Imperfect competition in agricultural markets: evidence from Ethiopia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 405-428, April.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Haggblade, Steven, 2003. "Successes in African agriculture," MSSD discussion papers 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersson, Camilla & Bezabih, Mintewab & Mannberg, Andrea, 2017. "The Ethiopian Commodity Exchange and spatial price dispersion," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-11.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; O12; O13; O18;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aesc11:108941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.