The Response of Ethiopian Grain Markets to Liberalization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon, David F., 1996. "Sustaining economic reform under political liberalization in Africa: Issues and implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1527-1537, September.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Dadi, Legesse & Negassa, Asfaw & Franzel, Steven, 1992. "Marketing maize and tef in western Ethiopia : Implications for policies following market liberalization," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 201-213, June.
- James D. Shaffer, 1980. "Food System Organization and Performance: Toward a Conceptual Framework," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(2), pages 310-318.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 1996. "Market Analysis Methods: Are Our Enriched Toolkits Well Suited to Enlivened Markets?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 825-829.
- Thomas S. Jayne & Robert J. Myers, 1994. "The Effect of Risk on Price Levels and Margins in International Wheat Markets," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 63-73.
- John Freebairn & Bill Griffiths, 2006. "Introduction," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages 1-1, September.
- Jayne, T. S. & Jones, Stephen, 1997. "Food marketing and pricing policy in Eastern and Southern Africa: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1505-1527, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amha, Wolday & Stepanek, Julie & Jayne, Thomas S. & Negassa, Asfaw, 1997. "Meeting Food Aid and Price Stabilization Objectives through Local Grain Purchase: A Review of the 1996 Experience," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55596, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Maertens, Miet, 2007. "Governance and Surplus Distribution in Commodity Value Chains in Africa," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7950, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:taf:ragrxx:v:56:y:2017:i:2:p:97-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yami, Mesay & Meyer, Ferdi & Hassan, Rashid, 2016. "Testing price leadership role in major regional maize markets in Ethiopia," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249439, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Demeke, Mulat & Said, Ali & Jayne, Thomas S., 1997. "Promoting Fertilizer Use in Ethiopia: The Implications of Improving Grain Market Performance, Input Market Efficiency, and Farm Management," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55594, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ferrière, Nathalie & Suwa-Eisenmann, Akiko, 2015. "Does Food Aid Disrupt Local Food Market? Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 114-131.
- Anonymous, 1998. "Revisiting Grain Movement Control and Taxation in Ethiopia: A Policy Brief," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54957, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z., 2001. "Market institutions, transaction costs, and social capital in the Ethiopian grain market:," Research reports 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Quattri, Maria A. & Ozanne, Adam & Wang, Xioabing & Hall, Alastair R., 2011. "On The Role Of The Brokerage Institution In The Development Of Ethiopian Agricultural Markets," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108941, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Anonymous, 1997. "The Deregulation of Fertilizer Prices: Impacts and Policy Implication," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54955, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2007. "Smallholders' commercialization through cooperatives: A diagnostic for Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 722, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Degye, Goshu & Admasu, Shibru & Belay, Kassa, 2009. "Spatial Price Dynamics and Pricing Conduct Of Wheat Markets in Ethiopia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 18(2).
- Ferrière, Nathalie & Suwa-Eisenmann, Akiko, 2014. "Does food aid disrupt local food market?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182693, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Andersson, Camilla & Bezabih, Mintewab & Mannberg, Andrea, 2017. "The Ethiopian Commodity Exchange and spatial price dispersion," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-11.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; food policy; Ethiopia; grain markets; International Relations/Trade; Marketing; Q18;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midcwp:55595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.