Private information and limitations of Heckman's estimator in banking and corporate finance research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, De-Min, 1973. "Alternative Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 733-750, July.
- Takashi Yamagata & Chris Orme, 2005.
"On Testing Sample Selection Bias Under the Multicollinearity Problem,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 467-481.
- Yamagata. T., 2005. "On Testing Sample Selection Bias under the Multicollinearity Problem," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0522, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, March.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2010.
"Formal versus Informal Finance: Evidence from China,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 3048-3097, August.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2008. "Formal versus informal finance : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4465, The World Bank.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 2002.
"Explaining the Diversification Discount,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1731-1762, August.
- José Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 1999. "Explaining the Diversification Discount," Working Papers 99-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Campa, Jose M. & Kedia, Simi, 2000. "Explaining the diversification discount," IESE Research Papers D/424, IESE Business School.
- Yatchew, Adonis & Griliches, Zvi, 1985. "Specification Error in Probit Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 134-139, February.
- Sumit Agarwal, 2010. "Distance and Private Information in Lending," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(7), pages 2757-2788, July.
- Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F., 2013.
"“When the cat's away the mice will play”: Does regulation at home affect bank risk-taking abroad?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 727-750.
- Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F., 2012. "When the cat's away the mice will play: does regulation at home affect bank risk taking abroad?," Working Paper Series 1488, European Central Bank.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1986. "Asymptotic efficiency in semi-parametric models with censoring," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-218, July.
- McCahery, Joseph & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2010. "Bank reputation in the private debt market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 498-515, September.
- Goss, Allen & Roberts, Gordon S., 2011. "The impact of corporate social responsibility on the cost of bank loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1794-1810, July.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Chen, Yunling & Liu, Ming & Su, Jun, 2013. "Greasing the wheels of bank lending: Evidence from private firms in China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2533-2545.
- Zuehlke, Thomas W & Zeman, Allen R, 1991. "A Comparison of Two-Stage Estimators of Censored Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 185-188, February.
- Andres, Christian & Betzer, André & Limbach, Peter, 2014. "Underwriter reputation and the quality of certification: Evidence from high-yield bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 97-115.
- J. S. Cramer, 2007. "Robustness of Logit Analysis: Unobserved Heterogeneity and Mis-specified Disturbances," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(4), pages 545-555, August.
- Bayar, Onur & Chemmanur, Thomas J., 2012. "What drives the valuation premium in IPOs versus acquisitions? An empirical analysis," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 451-475.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mittal, Amit & Garg, Ajay Kumar, 2017. "Private information implications for acquirers and targets in horizontal mergers," MPRA Paper 85355, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate information; Self-selection; Sample selection; Omitted variables;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:37:y:2016:i:c:p:186-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.