The Impact of ‘Rice for the Poor’ on Household Consumption
This study investigates the impact of the 'Rice for the Poor' program - an almost universal program of Indonesian Social Safety Net (SSN) Programs launched in 1998. The general aim of the program was to mitigate the decrease of household nutrition well-being. The program has provided highly subsidized rice for poor households. Using the Indonesian Family Life Survey, this study implements propensity score matching combined with difference in difference method. It is revealed that the program has increased households' consumption on nutrient-rich, animal source food though aid-fungibilty was also present.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Giles, John & Satriawan, Elan, 2015.
"Protecting child nutritional status in the aftermath of a financial crisis: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 97-106.
- Giles, John T. & Satriawan, Elan, 2014. "Protecting Child Nutritional Status in the Aftermath of a Financial Crisis: Evidence from Indonesia," IZA Discussion Papers 8721, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giles, John & Satriawan, Elan, 2010. "Protecting child nutritional status in the aftermath of a financial crisis : evidence from Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5471, The World Bank.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2006.
"On the Failure of the Bootstrap for Matching Estimators,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2008. "On the Failure of the Bootstrap for Matching Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1537-1557, November.
- Imbens, Guido & Abadie, Alberto, 2008. "On the Failure of the Bootstrap for Matching Estimators," Scholarly Articles 3043415, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Abebaw, Degnet & Fentie, Yibeltal & Kassa, Belay, 2010. "The impact of a food security program on household food consumption in Northwestern Ethiopia: A matching estimator approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 286-293, August.
- Daniel O. Gilligan & John Hoddinott, 2007.
"Is There Persistence in the Impact of Emergency Food Aid? Evidence on Consumption, Food Security, and Assets in Rural Ethiopia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(2), pages 225-242.
- Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John, 2006. "Is there persistence in the impact of emergency food aid? Evidence on consumption, food security, and assets in rural Ethiopia," FCND discussion papers 209, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Asep Suryahadi & Sudarno Sumarto & Lant Pritchett, 2003. "Evolution of Poverty During the Crisis in Indonesia," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 221-241, 09.
- Hastuti & Sudarno Sumarto & Asep Suryahadi & Sulton Mawardi & Bambang Sulaksono & Akhmadi & Silvia Devina & Rima Prama Artha & Ratna Dewi & Joni Saputra & Heri Rubianto & Laode Udin & Kate Weatherley , 2008. "The Effectiveness of the Raskin Program," Development Economics Working Papers 22530, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Johar, Meliyanni, 2009.
"The impact of the Indonesian health card program: A matching estimator approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Meliyanni Johar, 2007. "The Impact of the Indonesian Health Card Program: A Matching Estimator Approach," Discussion Papers 2007-30, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Block, Steven A. & Kiess, Lynnda & Webb, Patrick & Kosen, Soewarta & Moench-Pfanner, Regina & Bloem, Martin W. & Peter Timmer, C., 2004. "Macro shocks and micro outcomes: child nutrition during Indonesia's crisis," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 21-44, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare12:124358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.