Optimal replanting and cutting rule for coffee farmers in Vietnam
This paper identifies the optimal cutting and replanting rule for coffee farmers in Vietnam. Some previous studies examined the optimal price at which to cut trees for coffee farmers in Vietnam but they have not investigated the relationship between the age of tree and the cutting point. Fixed-form optimization is applied to analyze a rule that links market coffee prices and age of tree with the cutting decision.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www4.agr.gc.ca
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jia, Haili, 2006. "The optimal single forest rotation under climatic fluctuation effect," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35443, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Victor Matheson, 2007.
"Alternative Methods of Calculating Optimal Timber Rotations: A Critique of the Stokey/Lucas/Prescott Tree-Cutting Problem,"
0701, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Victor Matheson, 2009. "Alternative methods of calculating optimal timber rotations: a critique of the Stokey/Lucas/Prescott tree-cutting problem," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(10), pages 1079-1081.
- Chladna, Zuzana, 2007. "Determination of optimal rotation period under stochastic wood and carbon prices," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 1031-1045, May.
- Alvarez, Luis H R & Koskela, Erkki, 2003.
"On Forest Rotation under Interest Rate Variability,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 489-503, August.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2003. "On Forest Rotation Under Interest Rate Variability," Discussion Papers 840, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Abadi Ghadim, Amir K. & Pannell, David J., 1999.
"A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation,"
Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 145-154, October.
- Ghadim, Amir K. Abadi & Pannell, David J., 1999. "A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(2), October.
- Luong, Quoc & Tauer, Loren W., 2004.
"A Real Options Analysis of Coffee Planting in Vietnam,"
127152, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Quoc V. Luong & Loren W. Tauer, 2006. "A real options analysis of coffee planting in Vietnam," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 49-57, 07.
- M. J. Paulo & A. Otten, 2007. "A Bayesian approach for exact optimal measurement and cutting times for a Eucalyptus production forest," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 61(3), pages 345-357.
- Margaret Insley & Kimberly Rollins, 2005. "On Solving the Multirotational Timber Harvesting Problem with Stochastic Prices: A Linear Complementarity Formulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 735-755.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare09:47638. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.