Determination of optimal rotation period under stochastic wood and carbon prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Binkley, Clark S. & Brand, David & Harkin, Zoe & Bull, Gary & Ravindranath, N. H. & Obersteiner, Michael & Nilsson, Sten & Yamagata, Yoshiki & Krott, Max, 2002. "Carbon sink by the forest sector--options and needs for implementation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 65-77, May.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2006.
"Does risk aversion accelerate optimal forest rotation under uncertainty?,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 171-184, December.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2004. "Does Risk Aversion Accelerate Optimal Forest Rotation under Uncertainty?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1285, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lu, Fadian & Gong, Peichen & Lu, Fadian, 2003. "Optimal stocking level and final harvest age with stochastic prices," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 119-136.
- Sedjo, Roger, 2001. "Forest Carbon Sequestration: Some Issues for Forest Investments," Discussion Papers dp-01-34, Resources For the Future.
- Willassen, Yngve, 1998. "The stochastic rotation problem: A generalization of Faustmann's formula to stochastic forest growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 573-596, April.
- Insley, Margaret, 2002. "A Real Options Approach to the Valuation of a Forestry Investment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 471-492, November.
- David Appels, 2001. "Forest rotation lengths under carbon sequestration payments," Others 0110007, EconWPA.
- Newman, D.H., 2002. "Forestry's golden rule and the development of the optimal forest rotation literature," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 5-27.
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel, 2003. "Harvesting a renewable resource under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 509-529, December.
- Guthrie, Graeme & Kumareswaran, Dinesh, 2003. "Carbon Subsidies and Optimal Forest Management," Working Paper Series 3879, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2007.
"Optimal harvesting under resource stock and price uncertainty,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2461-2485, July.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2005. "Optimal Harvesting under Resource Stock and Price Uncertainty," CESifo Working Paper Series 1384, CESifo Group Munich.
- Benitez, Pablo C. & Obersteiner, Michael, 2006. "Site identification for carbon sequestration in Latin America: A grid-based economic approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 636-651, August.
- Thomas A. Thomson, 1992. "Optimal Forest Rotation When Stumpage Prices Follow a Diffusion Process," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 329-342.
- Miller, Robert A. & Voltaire, Karl, 1983. "A stochastic analysis of the tree paradigm," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 371-386, September.
- Morck, Randall & Schwartz, Eduardo & Stangeland, David, 1989. "The Valuation of Forestry Resources under Stochastic Prices and Inventories," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 473-487, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hervé-Mignucci, Morgan, 2011. "Rôle du signal prix du carbone sur les décisions d'investissement des entreprises," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/8200 edited by Keppler, Jan Horst, October.
- Tee, James & Scarpa, Riccardo & Marsh, Dan & Guthrie, Graeme, 2012.
"Valuation of Carbon Forestry and the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme: A Real Options Approach Using the Binomial Tree Method,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
131066, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tee, James & Scarpa, Riccardo & Marsh, Dan & Guthrie, Graeme, 2012. "Valuation of Carbon Forestry and the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme: A Real Options Approach Using the Binomial Tree Method," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123665, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Manley, Bruce, 2013. "How does real option value compare with Faustmann value in the context of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 14-22.
- Dumortier, Jerome Robert Florian, 2011. "The impact of forest offset credits under a stochastic carbon price on agriculture using a rational expectations and real options framework," ISU General Staff Papers 201101010800001160, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Girma, Hiywot Menker & Hassan, Rashid M. & Hertzler, Greg, 2012. "Forest conservation versus conversion under uncertain market and environmental forest benefits in Ethiopia: The case of Sheka forest," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 101-107.
- Dumortier, Jerome & Kauffman, Nathan & Hayes, Dermot J., 2017.
"Production and spatial distribution of switchgrass and miscanthus in the United States under uncertainty and sunk cost,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 300-314.
- Jerome Dumortier & Nathan S. Kauffman & Dermot J. Hayes, 2016. "Production and Spatial Distribution of Switchgrass and Miscanthus in the United States under Uncertainty and Sunk Cost," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 16-wp568, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Thang, Tran Cong & Burton, Michael P. & Brennan, Donna C., 2009. "Optimal replanting and cutting rule for coffee farmers in Vietnam," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 47638, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sunderasan Srinivasan, 2015. "Economic valuation and option-based payments for ecosystem services," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(7), pages 1055-1077, October.
- Adam J. Daigneault & Mario J. Miranda & Brent Sohngen, 2010. "Optimal Forest Management with Carbon Sequestration Credits and Endogenous Fire Risk," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(1), pages 155-172.
- Asante, Patrick & Armstrong, Glen W. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2011. "Carbon sequestration and the optimal forest harvest decision: A dynamic programming approach considering biomass and dead organic matter," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 3-17, January.
- Dumortier, Jerome, 2012. "Welfare changes associated with forest carbon offset credits in the United States," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124632, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- James Tee & Riccardo Scarpa & Dan Marsh & Graeme Guthrie, 2014. "Forest Valuation under the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme: A Real Options Binomial Tree with Stochastic Carbon and Timber Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(1), pages 44-60.
- Nghiem Thi Hong Nhung, 2016. "Optimal Forest Management for Carbon Sequestration: A Case Study of Eucalyptus urophylla and Acacia mangium in Yen Bai Province, Vietnam," EEPSEA Research Report rr2016046, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Apr 2016.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:9:y:2007:i:8:p:1031-1045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.