Evaluation of Economic, Land Use, and Land Use Emission Impacts of Substituting Non-GMO Crops for GMO in the US
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Sexton & David Zilberman, 2011. "Land for Food and Fuel Production: The Role of Agricultural Biotechnology," NBER Chapters,in: The Intended and Unintended Effects of U.S. Agricultural and Biotechnology Policies, pages 269-288 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farzad Taheripour & Thomas W. Hertel & Wallace E. Tyner, 2011. "Implications of biofuels mandates for the global livestock industry: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(3), pages 325-342, May.
- Matin Qaim, 2009. "The Economics of Genetically Modified Crops," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 665-694, September.
- Elizabeth Nolan & Paulo Santos, 2012. "The Contribution of Genetic Modification to Changes in Corn Yield in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1171-1188.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Livingston, Michael J. & Mitchell, Lorraine & Wechsler, Seth, 2014. "Genetically Engineered Crops in the United States," Economic Research Report 164263, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Barrows, Geoffrey & Sexton, Steven & Zilberman, David, 2014.
"The impact of agricultural biotechnology on supply and land-use,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(06), pages 676-703, December.
- Barrows, Geoffrey & Sexton, Steven & Zilberman, David, 2013. "The Impact of Agricultural Biotechnology on Supply and Land-Use," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt3rg0c0fz, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
KeywordsGMO Crops; Productivity; Computable General Equilibrium; Economic Impacts; Land Use; Land Use Emissions; Crop Production/Industries; Land Economics/Use; Productivity Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-08-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2015-08-01 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2015-08-01 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea15:204907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .