Estimating the Impact of Food and Drug Administration Regulation of Cigarette Package Warning Labels and the Potential Added Impact of Plain Packaging: Evidence From Experimental Auctions Among Adult Smokers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Craig A. Gallet & John A. List, 2003. "Cigarette demand: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 821-835.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
- Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Liljas, Bengt & O'Conor, Richard M., 1997. "Hypothetical versus real payments in Vickrey auctions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 177-180, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rousu, Matthew C. & Marette, Stéphan & Thrasher, James F. & Lusk, Jayson L., 2014.
"The economic value to smokers of graphic warning labels on cigarettes: Evidence from combining market and experimental auction data,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 123-134.
- Matthew C. Rousu & Stephan Marette & James F. Thrasher & Jayson L. Lusk, 2014. "The economic value to smokers of graphic warning labels on cigarettes: evidence from combining Mmarket and experimental auction data," Post-Print hal-01173058, HAL.
- Corrigan, Jay R. & Rousu, Matthew C. & Depositario, Dinah Pura T., 2014. "Do practice rounds affect experimental auction results?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 42-44.
More about this item
Keywordsexperimental auctions; cigarette labels; grotesque images; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Health Economics and Policy; C93;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-05-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2011-05-07 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-05-07 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2011-05-07 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:103169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .